The Demoiselle D'ys

Started by Ferryman, March 28, 2010, 02:41:08 PM

Kevin Mammoth

I finally got to hear all of this track, after my connection conveniently dropped out mid solo twice last night.  Yes this track deserves the praise already heaped on it - it took me back (in a good way) to the Echo & The Bunnymen era of yesteryear.  Great production and you've pulled off an ambitious concept without coming over all arty and pretentious.
recorder
Boss BR-1600

There are only 12 notes, how hard can it be?....

Ferryman

Thanks so much for the additional comments guys, and thanks Jim for the late bump!

Quote from: Greeny on April 14, 2010, 01:47:26 AMI missed this. Luckily ORH pointed me in its direction, and I have to say that I'm blown away.

I loved the little choir part at the end. It could have carried on into a whole other 'classical' section. The song is big enough to have epic ambitions like that.

Tim, thanks for the kind words. The classical angle is interesting - I've been inspired by Owen Bourne's work and he has kindly agreed to let me use one of his Preludes in the next track I will be doing (In The Court Of The Dragon). I guess that's the "prog" part of me coming out...... let's hope it works.

Quote from: chapperz66 on April 14, 2010, 03:56:38 AMSell the car.  Sell the family.  Rob a bank.  Get a BR1600. 

LOL, great comment! I am pretty certain I will get a BR800 when they are out. Seems a good compromise between a bit more functionality without losing all the compactness of the MBR.

Quote from: Kevin Mammoth on April 15, 2010, 06:49:11 AMYes this track deserves the praise already heaped on it - it took me back (in a good way) to the Echo & The Bunnymen era of yesteryear. 

Thanks Kevin. I hadn't thought of E&tB specifically but I can see where you are coming from with that comparison. I was of course a big fan of theirs in the 1980s.

Cheers,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Bluesberry

a masterpiece I say, a damn masterpiece

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Ted

This morning I remembered that in Cameroonian Pidgin English "tonton" means to spend some time somewhere doing nothing in particular--which is probably what it seems like to to others when you spend countless hours staring into a sliver brick as you bounce track after track.  Little do they know you're producing a damn masterpiece.

Consider yourself enlightened.
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac

Halem

That is a hit. AA for Absolutely Awesome.

Oldrottenhead

whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Greeny

Double bump, lol. This one should be bumped once a month at least!

chapperz66

Quote from: Ted on April 19, 2010, 09:59:52 AMThis morning I remembered that in Cameroonian Pidgin English "tonton" means to spend some time somewhere doing nothing in particular

Does David Cameron speak Pidgin English?  Some might say that this explains a lot.  I couldn't possibly comment...

Still like this song though.
Paul

Halem

Thanks god for portable mp3 players. If i didn't owe one I'd just sit here all day listening to this song.

Jim1970

I just another Listen to this fantastic song!!!
It still doesn't Disappoint. Just Spectactular!!

JIM-JFJ!
Now on SoundClick and Reverbnation
http://members.soundclick.com/jmarciniec1970
http://www.reverbnation.com/jamesmarciniec
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR