The Demoiselle D'ys

Started by Ferryman, March 28, 2010, 02:41:08 PM

Ferryman

Mark, Tony. Dunny, thanks for the feedback, I'm glad you like this one and it's worming its way into your head. I have to let everyone know that of the 60 tracks, at least half are intermdediate bounce mixes, there's not actually 60 tracks of actual music.

Quote from: Jim1970 on March 30, 2010, 03:14:25 PMNigel how did you Pull this off without Getting Card error or card full on your SD card?
Did you have to save some tracks to your PC then reformat your Card then import them back? that's what I have been Doing,thats why I am thinking about the BR800 but I will never lose love for the MBR.

JIM

Jim, I actually started with a new card on this one because I was using another card and I got corruption on another track and kept getting "card busy" messages. I just filled up one song, copied it to another song, deleted all but the most recent intermediate bounces, filled up song 2, copied it to song 3 and did the same again. No issues at all (although I do periodically back everything up to PC).

Cheers,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Ted

Quote from: oldrottenhead on March 30, 2010, 02:33:31 PM
QuoteI'm gonna be chanting "Tonton, tontaine!" in my sleep tonight
i was on a training course in town today so took the bus. this song on my piepod i was getting strange looks, then i realised i was chanting uno what

A few minutes ago I was sitting on my couch petting the cat, and found myself singing "meow meow meow meow" to the tune of "tonton, tontaine."
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac

Jim1970

Now on SoundClick and Reverbnation
http://members.soundclick.com/jmarciniec1970
http://www.reverbnation.com/jamesmarciniec
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Oldrottenhead

whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Greeny

I missed this. Luckily ORH pointed me in its direction, and I have to say that I'm blown away. It's one of the best songs to have ever graced this site, imo. Absolutely beautifully put together and performed. The thought and care that has gone into this one seeps out of every sweet listening second of it. I'll be singing that chorus all day now, lol. Straight to download for this baby.

I still get the Psychedelic Furs from your vocal, Nigel. But I think this goes way beyond what they would have done musically. It's your own meticulous and perfect musical world that you've created here.

I loved the little choir part at the end. It could have carried on into a whole other 'classical' section. The song is big enough to have epic ambitions like that.

I hope you realise what a masterpiece this is!

And thanks to James for making sure I heard it!

lg

I too missed this one somehow, but thanks to ORH, I've heard it....
Epic definately. Amazing production, and to be able to incorporate
60 tracks without getting messy.
I am impressed.
But, aside from all of that, this is a beautiful piece of work!
Bravo.

LG
nothing is real... So theres nothing to get hung about!

chapperz66

What can I say - other than fabulous.  To achieve that level of production fullstop is quite something.  To achieve it with a four track machine is on another level entirely. 

Sell the car.  Sell the family.  Rob a bank.  Get a BR1600. 

Paul

hooper

Hearing this for the first time today....WOW!   The most epic production I've heard yet out of the beloved silver brick.  A killer song to start with and then the whole production is both artistic and technically detailed and carefully put together.  Not just ear candy here... plenty of meat and potatoes too!   Besides the 'Tonton, tontaine' hook I especially like the instrumental interlude in the middle section that starts out with the with the mellatron flutes. This is a masterpiece!
recorder
Tascam DP-24
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Boss Micro BR
'If you aren't in over your head, how do you know how tall you are?' - TSE

Just as you think the song writing, the production, the actual musicianship has reached a pinnacle this comes along and sets the bar at a new level. I MUST learn to be as patient and focused as you must obviously be, this is just awesome. Willie
recorder
Boss BR-800