Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

64Guitars

This is great, Nigel! The time and care you took to perfect the production really shows. I can't wait to hear the whole album.

Quote from: Ferryman on March 28, 2010, 02:41:08 PMAll done on the MBR, although I am now thinking that a BR800 would make such prog fantasies easier to realise.

A BR-800 would be great. But until you can get one, I'd suggest doing your final mixing in Audacity. Just export all of the individual tracks from your Micro BR in WAV format using the BR Wave Converter. Then import them into Audacity where you can mix them all at once. Although, 60+ tracks is a lot even in Audacity. But you can also create sub-mixes in Audacity to make the final mixing more manageable. A large, widescreen monitor helps too.

An extra benefit of mixing in Audacity is that you really don't need to make stereo sub-mixes on the Micro BR since they won't be used in the final mix. So just bounce to a single track for monitoring and add three new tracks instead of the usual two.

Quote from: Ferryman on March 28, 2010, 02:41:08 PMI had to shrink it to 128 to make it fit which won't help the quality.

How big was it before shrinking? I noticed that your attachment is under 5MB. Did you know that our upload limit is now 6MB rather than 5MB? Also, we can update our attachments now. So, if you have a better quality MP3 that's under 6MB, feel free to upload it in place of the current attachment.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

Blooby

Love the atypical tones throughout.  You do a great job of staying out of the way of the vocal lines.  Really nice production.

How about a track list?  I bet it would make our collective head swim.

Blooby

OsCKilO

This is insanely Awesome...

I dont Know What else to Say....!

The track is so Vivid, I can close my eyes and it puts a video in my mind!
I Guess thats what 60 tracks can do to you! 8)

A real treat !

Love the stance you took on for the vocal Performance...
You will never lose that Punk Vibe!

That bit where the Guitar on the right channel goes fuzzy really gets your attention and sounds Dreamy!  There were little treats like that through the entire thing though! Gonna have to go back and Listen...

Awesome Nigel...

Peace

Tharek

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR
OsCKilO websites:  weebly.com  MySpace  SoundClick  ReverbNation
OsCKilO Albums:  "Masks"  "Easy London"

Also on Twitter for Live stuff..
Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to creative energy

Frank53

Excellent story, and performance, Nigel. Not familiar with the book, and I don't speak French, but that didn't stop me from enjoying this. Nice production. Great work!

Frank
There are only three kinds of drummers. Those who can count, and those who can't.

Ted

For production quality this is easily of the top three songs I've ever heard from a Micro BR.  You are a god.

This is a great song regardless of the production quality.  But the quality is leaving us Micro BR users scratching our heads and wondering, How the hell did he do that?  All that bouncing, and everything is still crystal clear.

I could dissect the song part by part, but it's all fantastic.  And this is the best vocal performance of yours that I've heard.

I don't know enough about the Psychedelic Furs to hear a similarity, and if you hadn't mentioned Nursery Crimes, I don't think it would have come to mind. Did you think your wife would "go Gringo" on us and reveal the supposed similarities?

I have one suggestion: Stretch out that eerie choir section at the end at least, say, another ten seconds with a slower fade.  For the album, I mean.

If you'd like to share a higher bitrate version here, you can send it to me and I'll upload it to some Web space that I have. Regardless: Send me a higher bitrate version!
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac

SwanSong

NICE song very diffferent .. and very creative good job
thumbs up from me. keep on rocking ..............Neil

Redler

I'm speechless...and take my hat off!! Very ambitious and pro prog tune. I want to listen more this stellar music, Nigel!

- Kari
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

djbride

wow, where do I start. Amazing production Nigel, vocals are strong and guitar playing is outstanding. To get that many tracks and not have them muddle together is outstanding.
I do hear the early Genesis your wife was talking about, on the bridge about 2 1/2 mins in where it goes to acoustic guitar that really reminds me of Nursery Cryme and then the bass takes over and sounds like 80's pop. Great lyrics. I can't wait to here the rest of this concept album.
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_music.cfm?bandID=1049425

"Rock is dead they say, Long Live Rock, be it dead or alive"    P. Townsend

j.g.

I just cannot believe you have done all that on this machine. It is better than many studio tracks costing a fortune to buy and then costing the same in hours of studio time. Well thought out and planned, which must have taken hours to start with. Fantastic final result. Just quick question as I am a newie on here. Are you the vocalist as well, as the voice, tone and feel are just like a guitarist singer called Dave Rigo???