Way Beyond Your Dreams

Started by hooper, August 16, 2008, 05:48:14 PM

Oldrottenhead

just an update. regarding my late friend donny, who greatly influenced this song it is a year since he passed away. he was a regular visitor to the wickerman festival in scotland, in factwhen he was ill in hospital he tried to sneak out to this very festival, anyway on saturday  his brother roddy placed his ashes inside the wickerman and the wickerman was set alight at midnight on saturday a fitting send off for a great guy.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

AndyR

BUMP!

Just been listening to Hooper's unplugged version, and I reckoned this could do with a bump and all... It's a fab song.

Guys, have you got a full mix of this, bvox as well, but without the lead vox? The reason I ask is cos, a couple of years on, I think you could do far better lead vocal now Jim. I'm guessing you don't like going backwards, and you might not be able to match the emotion on this take... but if you've got a mix to hand, give it a go and see what happens... you might just turn a "hey this is pretty good" track into a "oh my goodness" track :)
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

(Studio 68c 6x6)
   All that I need
Is just a piece of paper
To say a few lines
Make up my mind
So she can read it later
When I'm gone

- BRM Gibb

AndyR is on

The Shoebox Demos Vol 1
FAWM 2022 Demos
Remasters Vol 1

Oldrottenhead

wee donny would have hud his birthday today if he was still around.

miss yeah donny.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Kenneth

Wonderful song guys, nicely done in all aspects.
"...a guitar sound that you could curdle cream with." Ferryman

Oldrottenhead

on this day bump from kos.

me and my daughter jenna (who appears on this) are sitting in our apartment listening right now.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
- Robert Schumann

Krasi

Fantastic!!!
Amazing work on the back vox too!!!
recorder
Boss BR-80

Oldrottenhead

donny would have been 49 today, i raise my glass to him.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
- Robert Schumann

SE

Just seen this bumped, fantastic song first time round and still a great tribute to ORH,s friend RIP
recorder
Boss BR-80

Glenn Mitchell

A great collab. very tasty stuff. I love the production. Man I thought I might be getting there, but you were there years ago.
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Cakewalk Sonar platinum

https://soundcloud.com/you/tracks