Noisy 'noying noise.

Started by s.w.goatlips, March 25, 2010, 02:55:25 AM

s.w.goatlips

A quick  tech question. I'm using a br600 and a vast majority of the effects patches seem to involve a lot of noise (hum, hiss, BUZZ etc). Obviously, the more "gainy" ones, but even some of the more sedate ones. I haven't done a search yet, (laziness) but I will. Is it a matter of playing with the patch itself or do I need something like a noise gate? Anyone have similar probs?
Frustration is my middle name.

s.w.goatlips

So now I have done a quick search, and found nothing useful. If anyone else is having similar problems, DON'T expect to find it by searching "feedback". ;)

bannybassman

I've had some weird noises when using the effects on my BR600, but I find that when I upload it to the PC and play it as a WAV file any noises disappear.
Have you tryed recording something anyway and playing it through your PC speakers? This may solve your problem.
"A guitarist spends half his life tuning, and the other half playing out of tune"

64Guitars

Do you get the noise on all inputs or just the internal mics? Several BR-600 users have reported noise problems with the internal mics.

See:  http://www.songcrafters.org/community/index.php?topic=3641.0

If you're getting noise on the guitar input, you could try adjusting the threshold of the BR-600's built-in Noise Suppressor (see page 106).

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

s.w.goatlips

Thanks for the tips gentlemen. I haven't been using the built in mics. It's the guitar patches thatare bothering me. (Through the input jack).

Dmann

welp I would start by plugging your guitar into something else and see if you are getting noise, if so then, check your signal chain starting with cables, then your wiring in your guitar. If everything else checks out fine then try using the onboard mic with the same effects patches and see if the issue persists, as it is possible the effects processor on your BR600 is having problems.

Thats about all I can think of man.