BR backup & long-time storage methods for songs

Started by Satchwood, March 24, 2010, 02:38:50 PM

Oldrottenhead

like dwardzala i dont trust external hard drives any more than my internal hard drive. i currently save my stuff on my pc, but i will need to back it up somewhere. things that are important to me family pics etc i back up in more than one place, format or whatever, in the past i have had hard drive failures both internal and external, luckily ive always managed by hook or crook to get the important stuff off of the drive.

regards naming the songs. i dont bother. each time my card gets full i save it to my pc. i have a folder called mbr. all the folders within that folder have a date only. when i am backing up my sd card i create a folder with that days date and transfer the entire contents of my sd card to it.

so if i ever need to go back to something i have a rough idea when i recorded the song but i can also look in the mp3 folder and if the song is saved there i know im on the right  folder. so transfer that the folder back to an empty sd card and do or get what needs doing.

that said my mbr folder now is getting pretty big and i wonder if i am just being anal retentive by keeping them when i have the songs saved as mp3s.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann