Muso to Nerdo

Started by The Gobi Desert Canoe Club, March 23, 2010, 06:01:14 AM

Hi all, I'm sure a lot of you guys must have been in this position. You buy a MBR or Recorder of your choice and think thats it, I'll spend a couple of hours recording, get noticed on the web, have a number one hit and spend the rest your life on a beach in the Seychelles. No. So far I've caught up with about a third of the posts on this site, read the BR900cd manual cover to cover, skimmed the Audacity help files and downloaded the BRWAV converter. My wife saw more of me when I was on the road. I even found dust on the strat the other evening although it looks pretty lived in anyway. Apart from all that buying BR has breathed new life into me and I'm actually enjoying "music" again and I know you've been told before thank you for all the tips,help and giving me something new to listen to everyday. Willie
p.s. hope to post something later
recorder
Boss BR-800

Oldrottenhead

dontcha just love this place
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Bluesberry

Quote from: willie wendon on March 23, 2010, 06:01:14 AMApart from all that buying BR has breathed new life into me and I'm actually enjoying "music" again...

p.s. hope to post something later

Thats what it is all about Willie, having fun making music.  Same thing happened to me when I got my microBR 2 years ago.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Ferryman

Agree Willie, I am having more fun playing music than I think I ever have. Glad you are enjoying it here!

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Greeny

We're all in the same boat... floating on a musical sea of BR happiness, lol

Trotters

Quote from: willie wendon on March 23, 2010, 06:01:14 AMYou buy a MBR or Recorder of your choice and think thats it, I'll spend a couple of hours recording, get noticed on the web, have a number one hit and spend the rest your life on a beach in the Seychelles.

OMG NO WAY....I'm off to the Seychelles for 3 months next week with my new Dean acoustic!!!!Coincidence (is one thing; immaculate timing- what song is that from?)

Geir

Seems familiar :)

Quote from: willie wendon on March 23, 2010, 06:01:14 AMSo far I've caught up with about a third of the posts on this site
WOW I've been active here a year and I don't think I've come that far ... and it's getting worse by the minute with all the great new music being posted!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Hi Trotters, you lucky lucky person. I've been to the Seychelles twice but never had a guitar with me, if that place doesn't give you inspiration for some good songs then I'm a monkeys uncle.
p.s I'm not filthy rich I've got friends there.  8) willie
recorder
Boss BR-800