Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

AndyR

Quote from: s.w.goatlips on March 25, 2010, 04:07:41 PMMy wish list includes a reasonably large soundproof room with really good monitor speakers and maybe a view of a nice lake or something through the double glazed window.

Same here... but does it really count as a "gizmo"? :D

Hang on a minute... what if someone could make a gizmo that does it???! :o

A bit like Dr Who's Tardis, but about the size of an MBR, fits in your shirt pocket. When you press a button, all people touching the gizmo are immediately transported to the soundproof music room with fantastic view, private coffee shop, hot-and-cold running waitresses, and so on...

And, get this, when you activate the "return" functionality, you all end up back where you started, and NO TIME has been lost... but if you press the Play button... there's the music that you recorded!!!

Yep, that's the gizmo I want  :)

EDIT: Just realised there's a massive drawback - with the "no time lost" functionality, I'd probably never get past the first monday morning that I sneak the thing into work...
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

(Studio 68c 6x6)
   All that I need
Is just a piece of paper
To say a few lines
Make up my mind
So she can read it later
When I'm gone

- BRM Gibb

AndyR is on

The Shoebox Demos Vol 1
FAWM 2022 Demos
Remasters Vol 1

Blooby

I feel some burlap undergarments might help progress my blues playing.

Other than that, I'm itching for a reasonably priced keyboard (not a soft synth) that does Mellotron sounds well.

Blooby

cuthbert

Quote from: Blooby on March 27, 2010, 08:32:41 AMI'm itching for a reasonably priced keyboard (not a soft synth) that does Mellotron sounds well.

Hey, I'd be in for that as well! Have you seen this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6TC4l-cZe48
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase

Blooby

Quote from: cuthbert on March 27, 2010, 09:51:59 AMHey, I'd be in for that as well! Have you seen this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6TC4l-cZe48

Yes.  It gives me more and more G.A.S.

I can't justify it (although that's never stopped me before), but I looked at some Nord and Roland (vintage keys) stuff.  I may have to wait until I get serious into DAWs and just get the M-Tron soft synth or something similar.

Blooby