Blues in G

Started by madrab, August 11, 2008, 08:42:26 AM

madrab

G Blues (RMB...)
Time:
0:00
Volume:
I still have troubles with the drums. On this one I browsed the drum patterns and tried to figure out bass-lines. I found one and recorded it. I think I did the solo after that. Then rythm guitar and finally some sounds from my nintendo ds using elektroplankton.

Whenever I try to focus more and make the arrangement in advance something gets lost. Here, I just played... I wish I could do more complicated arrangements without losing that something.

SteveG

Arrangement sounds fine to me, and that was some sweet blues playing! I would much rather listen to some carefully selected tasty notes than a barrage of shredded non musical tasteless mastrobationary noise! I'm gonna go over this and steal some licks ... nice one.

PhilFromIT

I agree, that was sweet. That would fly at any blues club around here. Nice job madrab.

-Phil

madrab

What I meant with the arrangement was concerning the whole song. I can't make songs, where things happen more than the solo. I guess I am used to having other people come up with ideas about breaks and stuff — that's why you play in a band...

But I don't want the solo arranged or planned. It just happens. I really try not to think when doing it. (Or is it no-thinking in zen?) Steve and Phil, many thanks for your kind words. I can't even steal my on licks if I try to think about them. And those clubs seems like really nices places, where are they?

Henrik

PhilFromIT

Quote from: madrab on August 13, 2008, 01:54:47 PMWhat I meant with the arrangement was concerning the whole song. I can't make songs, where things happen more than the solo. I guess I am used to having other people come up with ideas about breaks and stuff — that's why you play in a band...

I feel for you madrab. I have the same problem. I have a lot of cool ideas but they aren't enough to make an entire song. It can be really frustrating.

Quote from: madrab on August 13, 2008, 01:54:47 PMSteve and Phil, many thanks for your kind words. I can't even steal my on licks if I try to think about them. And those clubs seems like really nices places, where are they?

Henrik

I was serious, there is a blues bar a few miles from me where locals play all the time. Your post was as good as anything I've heard there! Keep recording and posting!

-Phil

tafka

loved it . great sound you have there.i also agree with Steve's comments too.
and if the sun should fail to rise against my
shoulders one last time...

Mach

Schweeeet!! Very nice phrasing, tone, and played with lots of emotion dude! Just fade that organ out on the end. Cool  8)
recorder
Pro Tools
recorder
Cubase
recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Boss Micro BR

guitarron

lot of good blues posted tonite-good stuff!

recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Reaper
recorder
Cubasis
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Greeny

Laid back and sweet. Really lovely phrasing and played with real feeling. You make me sooooooo jealous!

marcus_gloom

Wow!

Cool playing. I have just recently discovered the blues and i must say hearing that make me want to explore my guitar more using blues scales.

My friends dont dig the blues that much but now that i have a my blues rhythm section in my micro br. i can blues my day away.