"Always the One" with lyrics and vocals by Sasha

Started by Satchwood, March 20, 2010, 01:52:58 PM

Satchwood

Always the One_lyrics_by_Sasha
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Here's an original keyboard~guitar song that I composed and then Sasha kindly wrote a great lyric and recorded a wonderful vocal track.  Please check it out!

Special thanks to Tangled Wires for taking time out of your busy schedules to do this for me!

Note: please listen to the second version, further down on this post ~ i did another mix to better help Sasha's vocal shine as they should!

"Always the One" ~ words and vocals by Sasha, music by Satchwood

Always the One.
(get a move on).

Lyrics by Sasha

Always the one,
You were always the one.
Your eyes revived me
Your smile survived the destruction
Around the universe that is
Me and you.

Always the one.
You were always the one.
Your hands surround me
Your laugh knows no bounds within
The unity that is
Me and you.

(instrumental)

Always the one
You were always the one
Your arms embrace me
Your joy replaces all the hurt
That found a way in to
Me and you.

Always the one
Always the one

Your strength protects me
Your love perfects the life that's lived,
The life that is...
Me and you
Me and you.

Always the one.

www.reverbnation.com/Satchwood
www.myspace.com/Satchwood
www.soundclick.com/Satchwood

"Sometimes It's Not How Fast You Move, But How Soon You Get There" - Bruce Lee

Tools: Kramer Strat, LP Deluxe, Avalon 12-string, Ibanez Bass, Yamaha Keyboard, Micro BR, Riffworks, Line 6 UX2, & a little Ableton & Audacity for grins :~)

Rata-tat-tat

Holly Crap Satch... You F'n shreader. WTF your scales are off the hook... bad ass. Sasha's voice is like an angel. Nice song
recorder
Tascam DP-02

64Guitars

Very nice! The guitar playing is amazing, as always, and the vocals are lovely.

But if I could make one minor suggestion, I think it would be better if you removed the guitar from behind the vocals. The keyboards and vocals are very pretty and clean, while the guitar is harsh and distorted. They clash to my ears and the guitar detracts from the vocals. I think the keyboards on their own provide a very good backing for the vocals and the guitar really isn't needed there. I'd try a remix with the guitar removed during the vocals. If you think it still needs something there, you could try a bit of clean guitar, then turn on the overdrive for the solos, intro, and other breaks (all of which are amazing!).

Anyway, that's just how I hear it. The great thing about music is that there's no right way or wrong way. So you should do whatever sounds best to you. I only offer this suggestion as something you might try, then choose whichever mix you like best.

Good work, both of you.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

tafka

the composition and arrangement are just amazing.
the singer sounds fantastic....and then there is the guitar playing.....just stunning.
i played guitar like you last night Tommy...then i woke up.

TJ.
and if the sun should fail to rise against my
shoulders one last time...

Gary F

Fantastic playing Satch!!! Really love the tone of your guitar!!!Sasha's vocals were really good!! Great song!!
Nice job to you both !!!

Gary

Satchwood

Always the One lyrics_by_Sasha_remix
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Hey thank you for the comments and suggestions ~ i appreciate them all!!  

I've actually spent hours on the mix, and after reading 64G's post, i realized that he was right, so i spent hours more this afternoon ~ but, hey, i need the practice.  

So here is a remix ~ more gentler to hopefully enhance Sasha's wonderful vocal!

Tools: Kramer Strat, LP Deluxe, Avalon 12-string, Ibanez Bass, Yamaha Keyboard, Micro BR, Riffworks, Line 6 UX2, & a little Ableton & Audacity for grins :~)

SE

Listened to both mixes the second is just the best, vox and guitar are just too good, great collab, well done.
recorder
Boss BR-80

Rata-tat-tat

Yep... 64 has the ear of a bloodhound. Much better.

recorder
Tascam DP-02

Satchwood

Thanks, John and Rat! 

I actually broke up my guitar parts into separate tracks ~ that was interesting and then doubled up Sasha's vocal tracks to make them louder & fuller (also bumped the mids & added some more reverb).  I then lowered the guitar volume during the singing.

I'm still not happy with my guitar parts (not fluid enough).  i have a feeling that i will be doing another completely new guitar track/s recording...  I really like this song, and i think it deserves a new guitar track, to hopefully make it fit the vocal better :)

Yes 64 has the ear of a bloodhound ~ thanks!

Nelson

Quote from: Satchwood on March 20, 2010, 07:40:24 PMThanks, John and Rat! 

I actually broke up my guitar parts into separate tracks ~ that was interesting and then doubled up Sasha's vocal tracks to make them louder & fuller (also bumped the mids & added some more reverb).  I then lowered the guitar volume during the singing.

I'm still not happy with my guitar parts (not fluid enough).  i have a feeling that i will be doing another completely new guitar track/s recording...  I really like this song, and i think it deserves a new guitar track, to hopefully make it fit the vocal better :)

Yes 64 has the ear of a bloodhound ~ thanks!
Hey I love to bare witness to someone creating something and then working to actually make it better. That's the part of the process the gets me stoked.
I think this is a really good song but I agree 100% with you about it deserving another guitar track, for the reasons you stated. The guitar piece at the very end sounded complete different, like it was actually written for this song.  Nice, smooth and clean, not as Chaotic but it has a sufficient edge to it. It made me wish the song wasn't ending.
Man, you do play a mean guitar. Keep it up.
-Nelson
recorder
Reaper

recorder
Boss BR-600