TributeFest - Okay to Cover

Started by 64Guitars, March 19, 2010, 08:01:42 PM

64Guitars

To make it easier to find songs to cover, I thought I'd maintain a list here of everyone who has said that it's okay to cover their original songs for the TributeFest. If I've missed anyone, or anyone else wants their name added, reply to this topic and I'll update the list.

Click the member's name to see their "Okay to Cover" jukebox (all songs posted in the Original Songs board as an MP3 attachment).

Feel free to cover the original songs of anyone on this list. If you want to cover a song by a member who's not on this list, contact them first to get permission.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

Greeny

I'm kind of on this list. I'm very happy to be covered on 90+ % of my songs, but there are a few songs that are simply too personal to allow anyone else near them.

Geir

Good idea 64G !!

And I would encourage everyone to put their name on the list. I know people who would like to cover people that's not on the list and it's more fun if it can be a surprise ;) !!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Rockatron

Ok to cover my one and only song (for now!):
"Fists of Glory"

Oh, and I'd like to see Satch do a kickass solo on this one
recorder
Boss BR-80

"Play, just play..."

Gnasty

I always meant to be on this list so sign me up! :)

Can someone point me to the okay to cover signature please too?
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Cubase
recorder
Audacity

Jarle

recorder
Boss BR-800

Redler

Sign me up, too. I thought I'm on the list beacuse there's "OK to cover"-icon on my signature. Although, my songs are mostly in Finnish you can write your own lyric, if Finnish is too difficult ;) . Because, there's ORH's name on the list, it's ok to cover the collabs of ours, too! Ok, James :D
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

T.C. Elliott

Since then we've added the "okay to cover" emblem or notice in our signature.... down there at the bottom of the post. So if you see someone's song and it has the okay to cover at the bottom then you're golden.

also, it's weird seeing pigfarmer jr in the list. *evil grin*
recorder
Boss BR-900

recorder
Reaper

Dead Ambassadors Bandcamp Page

T.C. Elliott Bandcamp Page

"You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club." — Jack London

64Guitars

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

64Guitars

The list at the top of this topic is out of date. It was made for the original TribteFest in 2010. When I have some time, I'll update it. In the meantime, you can check the Okay To Cover jukebox which plays the original songs of all members who have the [okaytocover] tag in their signature.

https://songcrafters.org/community/index.php?action=Playall;t=1;OkayToCover

Actually, it might not be working correctly as I noticed that T.C. Elliott isn't in it even though he has the [okaytocover] tag in his signature. I'll have to look at the jukebox code to figure out why.

By the way, the link to the Okay to Cover jukebox is also in the main menu at the top of the page under Jukeboxes. You can also get to the Okay to Cover jukebox by clicking the Okay to Cover icon in a member's signature. It will play a random dozen by default, but you can click on any member's name at the right of the jukebox to hear only the songs which that member has posted in the Original Songs board.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website