Audacity Tutorial

Started by The Gobi Desert Canoe Club, March 19, 2010, 12:24:14 PM

Hi All, just had a quick look on You Tube for a tutorial on editing using Audacity and didn't find what I needed, in fact I'm not really sure what I needed. I bet someone on this site will have a web address that will be exactly what I need i.e. basic walk through from exporting from the BR900 into Audacity.
Oh yeah and if there's a button for making me sound brilliant I'd like that to.  ;D
recorder
Boss BR-800

henwrench

get hold of the free BR wave converter, easy to use and it'll change your world!! You can import each track individually and use Audacity as a multitrack mixing tool - it's wicked!!

henwrench
The job of the artist is to deepen the mystery - Francis Bacon

English by birth, Brummie by the Grace of God

recorder
Boss Micro BR

64Guitars

I haven't noticed any outstanding video tutorials but the online manual for the beta version (1.3.11) is quite good.

http://manual.audacityteam.org/index.php?title=Main_Page

For exporting your tracks, you can do that directly from the BR-900 but I think the free BR Wave Converter is easier and faster. Once you have your tracks exported as WAV files, you can import them into Audacity by selecting File/Import/Audio.

For mixing, pull down the View menu and select Mixer Board. It will show a nice, big level meter for each of your tracks along with a pan control and level control. This makes mixing a breeze.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

Satchwood

Oh, this duz sound exciting ~ thanks for the tips Hen & 64G!!
www.reverbnation.com/Satchwood
www.myspace.com/Satchwood
www.soundclick.com/Satchwood

"Sometimes It's Not How Fast You Move, But How Soon You Get There" - Bruce Lee

Tools: Kramer Strat, LP Deluxe, Avalon 12-string, Ibanez Bass, Yamaha Keyboard, Micro BR, Riffworks, Line 6 UX2, & a little Ableton & Audacity for grins :~)

Gnasty

Does this wav converter only work for the other Br`s??

I don`t see it say microBr anywhere.
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Cubase
recorder
Audacity

Geir

Quote from: Gnasty on March 19, 2010, 05:20:31 PMDoes this wav converter only work for the other Br`s??

I don`t see it say microBr anywhere.
it does !
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Gnasty