the tribute fest (dontcha just love this place).

Started by Oldrottenhead, March 18, 2010, 03:31:51 AM

Oldrottenhead

the tribute fest is turning out to be something very special indeed, as someone how has had a song covered i know how wonderful it is to hear someone else cover your song, some of the recent posts, by hooper, geir, launched, vancaad (hope i have not missed anyone out) have been absolutely stunning, right now i have a picture in my head of tim green hearing hooper's rendition of his song for the first time with a mighty big grin on his face and perhaps even a tear of happiness in his eyes, but i am sure that experience has happened with a number of people during this festival.

dontcha just love this place.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Ferryman

You wait till you hear what I am doing to a JK song. You may want to take that back.....

I have to apologise to Geir because I was trying to do one of his but it turned out too hard (I even tried another as well) until I ended up with a JK song. This is because I am trying to Kaossilate stuff which does place some restrictions on what I can do.

But seriously, I agree. Amazing idea which has produced some amazing tributes.

Cheers,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Greeny

Quote from: oldrottenhead on March 18, 2010, 03:31:51 AMright now i have a picture in my head of tim green hearing hooper's rendition of his song for the first time with a mighty big grin on his face and perhaps even a tear of happiness in his eyes

You are so right! It's an indescribable feeling to have a song not only covered, but covered with such supreme and sublime skill. Grins... tears... emotion... it all comes out, lol

Quote from: Ferryman on March 18, 2010, 05:39:10 AMYou wait till you hear what I am doing to a JK song. You may want to take that back.....

I can't wait to hear this!!!! And I have no idea what one it is, which will be a nice surprise.

I too wanted to do a Geir song, but James beat me to it. I will have my revenge though, because I'm currently working on a cover of one of his, lol.

It's an inspired fest, that's for sure. A really beautiful thing.

My problem is that:

1. There's so many songs that I want to do but can't get enough recording time to do them

2. My guitar skills discount me covering many great songs on here, because I simply can't play at the level of people like Satch, Blooby & co. Unless anybody wants to do a joint effort? You play it, I'll sing it, lol.

Oldrottenhead

whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Bluesberry

Quote from: Ferryman on March 18, 2010, 05:39:10 AMI have to apologise to Geir because I was trying to do one of his but it turned out too hard (I even tried another as well) until I ended up with a JK song. This is because I am trying to Kaossilate stuff which does place some restrictions on what I can do.
Hey Nigel, I have you covered, I have plans for one of Geirs songs, am going to get cracking this weekend.  

I do love this place, a greater bunch of musical misfits couldn't be found anywhere in cyberland.  

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Ferryman

Dave, I'm moist with anticipation like Jim!

Agree with Tim, part of the challenge is that so many songs sound fantastic as they are and I can't better the way they have been done. So I'm trying a different approach, which is to Kaossilate stuff and give it a very different slant. Hope it works.....

Cheers,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Flash Harry

We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.

Ferryman

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

OsCKilO

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR
OsCKilO websites:  weebly.com  MySpace  SoundClick  ReverbNation
OsCKilO Albums:  "Masks"  "Easy London"

Also on Twitter for Live stuff..
Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to creative energy

Satchwood

This place is a vibrant, fun, and often trippy place to hang out................
www.reverbnation.com/Satchwood
www.myspace.com/Satchwood
www.soundclick.com/Satchwood

"Sometimes It's Not How Fast You Move, But How Soon You Get There" - Bruce Lee

Tools: Kramer Strat, LP Deluxe, Avalon 12-string, Ibanez Bass, Yamaha Keyboard, Micro BR, Riffworks, Line 6 UX2, & a little Ableton & Audacity for grins :~)