"Treading Water"......Bring On Our "Blue Sunrise":- 64 Challenge....

Started by OsCKilO, March 17, 2010, 07:39:12 PM

OsCKilO

The song aint about boob's though. . .

It was just the structure the chorus had to take.

And Kari. . . . You should be a code cracker!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR
OsCKilO websites:  weebly.com  MySpace  SoundClick  ReverbNation
OsCKilO Albums:  "Masks"  "Easy London"

Also on Twitter for Live stuff..
Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to creative energy

64Guitars

Yes. Henwrench and Redler got it. The idea was for T to make the initials of his lyrics spell "boobs" and see if anyone noticed. Actually, I suggested that he incorporate it into the song title and also make the first letter of each line start with the corresponding letter from "boobs". But he chose to use it only in the line "Bring on our blue sunrise" which is okay -- artistic licence. Although, he did include it in the message subject too, so that should have been a big clue.

Okay T. Now it's your turn to challenge someone else. Of course, the person you choose is not obliged to accept if they're not interested, don't have time, or they'd rather be working on a song for TributeFest. In that case, try someone else.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

OsCKilO

Geir is right about the subject. . .

Thanks for the listens guys!

Henny is busy moving house i think. . .

Any takers?

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to creative energy

henwrench

yeah, i'm gonna be mentally busy for a while and offline at some point too, but I would love to accept any challenge whenever I can...   :D :D

henwrench
The job of the artist is to deepen the mystery - Francis Bacon

English by birth, Brummie by the Grace of God

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Gnasty

Damn T! Great spontaneous song. Love it as usual.

I couldn`t get it myself off the bat but i know while i was listening subliminally i was thinking BOOBS all the way!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Cubase
recorder
Audacity

Ferryman

I have no idea about anything to do with any challenge and Tharek's post confused the hell out of me! 64 clarified things a bit, we are supposed to guess what the song is about, right? Is it anything to do with the fundamental dichotomy of existence in this modern age where increasingly we wrestle with the duality of being, the yearning to consume more and have more fighting with the need to return to a simpler, more fulfilled life, while the blue sunrise perhaps represents a new dawn which transcends traditional concepts of "good and evil" but without resorting to the Nietzschian philosphy that man is ultimately driven by the urge to gain power?

Or is it about boobs as Henwrench suggests?

OOPS. Note to self. Read page 2 before posting comment. Looks like I am way late here!

Nice song anyway, really enjoyed it.

cheers,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Geir

Quote from: 64Guitars on March 18, 2010, 09:03:50 AMThe fact that I chose T rather than any other member is a clue.

Could the answer be as simple as .... you gave him the picture of the blue sunset ... ???
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Bluesberry

Show T a blue screen and he will see BooBs, that is as deep a psychological experiment as there is.  I would love to see your responses to a Roscharch test T-man...BooBs, BooBs, BooBs, BooBs...Just imaging the look on the good doctors face.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

OsCKilO

Lol...

The Challenge was Just to use the Letters in the Song....
The Meaning was up to me....

Nigel and Geir are Actually Spot on with what the Song is About..

I find it amazing that Nigel picked up on the Nietzsche reference !!!!

I studied philosophy before finding my "Day Job"....

Nietzsche is well known for his use of aphorism, metaphors and irony.
I find it a great way to write songs.

Blue is used in Two contexts in the Lyrics.

The first takes the implied meaning that "blue" implies a depressed, tranquil state often brought on by some sort of Turmoil.

Bring on our "Blue Sunrise" :-

Blue
As Above but more the Tranquil resolved state
and

Sunrise
Meaning the next stage/dawn of what is Happening as well as a new start, tainted with the memory/resolve of the troubles passed.

There is another meaning to it as well, but a man's Got to have some secrets...
For Now... ;)

Thanks for the Listens Guys!!!!!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

64Guitars

T: You were up quite late last night working on this song. You must be exhausted. So tonight you should go to bed early and get a good night's sleep on your new air mattress;)

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website