Moving House and CTS

Started by henwrench, March 17, 2010, 10:46:37 AM

henwrench

Hi all you groovers... I'm on manouvers.

Gonna be moving house soon, so I'll be absent for a while. Also starting to feel symptoms of Carpel Tunnel Syndrome. SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIT  :(      My left hand keeps going numb as I'm hacking away at my guitar. It's come on so quick it's frightening. Can only play for about 15 minutes before my fingers won't do what my brain tells them and the inside of my left bicep feels like i've got one of them blood pressure things on... Maybe I could try and play strumming with my left instead.... :( :( :( :(

henwrench(ed)
The job of the artist is to deepen the mystery - Francis Bacon

English by birth, Brummie by the Grace of God

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Vanncad

Geez - have fun with the move Hen.

Take care of that arm man. I had a buddy that got a nerve or something out of wack in his shoulder and he couldn't play guitar for months.

It ain't pretty being easy.

Okay to Cover

Oldrottenhead

hi henny hope the hand gets better , a couple of the guys on here have had the same condition ant recall who but hopefully they or someone that has a better memthingmy than me will see your post and send advice.

hope all goes well with the move.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Gritter

I hope your move goes as well as can be...always a stressful undertaking but worth it in the end...rest that arm and get better...maybe some lap steel to help the heal.

Sandy.

cuthbert

Good luck with the move, henwrench - my last was five years ago, and I truly hope it's my last.

And definitely rest up that left hand. If you have access to it, Qi Gong (or even Tai Chi) can help you through this.

-cuthbert
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase

OsCKilO

Good Luck Henny!

I agree with Cuth...

Esoteric Arts are a Great Healer.......

Guitar Playing Friend of mine have said that Marlbro Lights and Alcohol Also Cause Pins and Needles when you Play....   Dont know Why...
I Have found this as well...

And Sleeping on your fret hand messes me up as well... Stretches Help a lot..

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR
OsCKilO websites:  weebly.com  MySpace  SoundClick  ReverbNation
OsCKilO Albums:  "Masks"  "Easy London"

Also on Twitter for Live stuff..
Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to creative energy

Ferryman

Hi Henny, best of luck with the house move. I had Carpal Tunnel Syndrome just over 1 year ago and had to have it operated on. Get it checked out - if you have numbness in the thumb and first two fingers of your hand it could be CTS. If it's not too far advanced then you can treat it but if it is advanced you will need an op. The op is not difficult, done under local, takes about 4 to 6 weeks to get over it and playing the guitar is good exercise. I am fully recovered, no issues now.

However you may not have CTS - I found the tingling didn't stop me playing guitar, I got the occasional shooting pain in the arm. Yours may be more of a classic RSI. But do get it checked out if you haven't done so already.

Cheers,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR