God Bless the Child (Blood Sweat & Tears cover)

Started by Saijinn Maas, March 14, 2010, 01:04:39 PM

Saijinn Maas

ERROR: No MP3 file found.

All topics in the Post Your Work boards must have either an mp3 file attached or include a link to an external mp3 file ([singlemp3] tags) in the message body.

So, my Dad has been a singer for over 40 years now, and is just getting back into recording and stuff. He uses a Fostex MR-8HD. He recorded a couple of songs to a backing track, and this is one of them. He is registered here under the name OldSchool#1, but his connection is too slow to upload songs it seems (it keeps timing out). So he asked me to post this for him.

Oldrottenhead

what a great voice.  also it may not be your dads connection there was problems with our new server at the weekend.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Rata-tat-tat

Man... it  only gets better. You must have had some great inspiration growing up eh. Such great talent.

V/R
Tod
recorder
Tascam DP-02

Blooby

Damn, he's got the phrasing of David Clayton Thomas (and the timbre at times) but still makes it his own.  Unbelievably impressive.

I can only hope his stage repartee is better than DCT.  That guy could've been a game show host.

Great post.  I think I speak for everybody when I say we want a collaboration between the two of you.

Blooby

Geir

What a truly talented family !!!!!!

This is really amazing.

WOW what a voice !!
Quote from: Blooby on March 14, 2010, 05:56:05 PMGreat post.  I think I speak for everybody when I say we want a collaboration between the two of you.
you sure do !!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Gnasty

First i hear your sister and now your dad. Hes got a great voice too dude. Very cool having a musical family. Thumbs waay up!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Cubase
recorder
Audacity

Satchwood

Wow ~ great voice OS1 !!  Got a nice bluesy style on this tune!
www.reverbnation.com/Satchwood
www.myspace.com/Satchwood
www.soundclick.com/Satchwood

"Sometimes It's Not How Fast You Move, But How Soon You Get There" - Bruce Lee

Tools: Kramer Strat, LP Deluxe, Avalon 12-string, Ibanez Bass, Yamaha Keyboard, Micro BR, Riffworks, Line 6 UX2, & a little Ableton & Audacity for grins :~)

Ferryman

Wow, your dad can really sing! Very impressive, fantastic voice and great singing. Hope you are going to do some Partridge Family style collabs......

Cheers,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Bluesberry

That is a true class voice.  Great job.  I am moved by this big time.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Groundy

A little gem from The Random Dozen.
Great voice SMs dad.

Alex.

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

If I had known i was going to be this thirsty this morning I'd of had another Beer last night...

https://www.reverbnation.com/redwoodlouis/songs