UpLoad

Started by The Gobi Desert Canoe Club, March 14, 2010, 04:11:48 AM

Hi All, has the upload problem been fixed or do you have a hidden quality filter that's blocking my first effort? You might think it's needed when you've heard it ;D
recorder
Boss BR-800

Oldrottenhead

there seems to be a problem with the host server, flash and 64 are working to resolve this.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Flash Harry

The site host techies have modified the site configuration and the upload *should* be fixed.

I'm going to have a quick check on this but please try. And there is no quality filter, listen to my stuff! I managed to up load it!

Cheers

Mike

***** Update *****

I have managed to upload a 4.8 meg file. The 5 meg limit looks like its 5000KB and not 5 megs.

I'll ask 64G to look into what it is exactly.
We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.

Oldrottenhead

whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Saijinn Maas

Is this why it is missing the "upload" feature when you post in the Originals or Covers forums?

64Guitars

Quote from: Saijinn Maas on March 14, 2010, 09:51:17 AMIs this why it is missing the "upload" feature when you post in the Originals or Covers forums?

No. That's a change I made last night. I removed all the restrictions on MP3 uploads. So now you can replace files without having to start a new topic. And you can post new mixes etc. in the same topic.

But now, instead of seeing the old "Upload MP3" option we had before, you have to click on "Additional Options" below the message editor. It will then open up to show the "Attach" option where you can attach MP3s, pictures, or whatever. If you have more than one thing to attach, click on "(more attachments)". You can attach up to three items to each message but the total size cannot exceed 5024KB (although that could change soon).

Quote from: Flash Harry on March 14, 2010, 05:53:20 AMI have managed to upload a 4.8 meg file. The 5 meg limit looks like its 5000KB and not 5 megs.

I'll ask 64G to look into what it is exactly.

It's currently set at 5,024KB. I believe that would be decimal kilobytes. That means each kilobyte is exactly 1,000 bytes. So 5,024KB is 5,024,000 bytes. But when Windows reports the size of a file, it uses binary kilobytes or megabytes, rounded to the nearest unit. A binary kilobyte is 1,024 bytes and a binary megabyte is 1,048,576 bytes. So, when Windows reports a 5MB file, it's actually about 5,242,880 bytes which is more than our 5,024,000 byte limit, so the upload is rejected. In binary megabytes, our current limit is about 4.79MB.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website