Boss BR software

Started by pjd1, March 13, 2010, 03:22:22 AM

pjd1

Hi just a question for a relative newbie , i was planning on doing some tweaking on some songs i have using the Br wave convertor package and 1.2.6 audacity on my computer , and i just had a thought ? they have given us the br wave convertor but not a dedicated DAW !! with roland boss written all over it ???? the audacity is a free package so couldnt roland give us the same , i

Just a thought

Dunny
recorder
Boss BR-800

Cheers
Happiness is a warm ES 335, Boss BR800, Tascam dp 24 , Boss Micro , Fender Strat 70s original, Line 6 classical modeling guitar, yamaha ps 125 keyboard. Hohner Bass guitar.

recorder
Tascam DP-24

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-8

64Guitars

Roland owns Cakewalk which makes the popular SONAR DAW. So I don't think they'll be offering a free DAW -- they want to sell you one.

But Audacity is really quite a good program to use with the BR and the BR Wave Converter. I'd recommend version 1.3.11 which includes the new Mixer Board view that makes mixing very easy.

Here's a screenshot of the Mixer Board from my recent unplugged project:

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

Gnasty

I downloaded this version of Audicity but cant seem to find this mixing board view. Its not the program. Probably just my computer incapabilities i seem not have most the time..lol Can you show me how to bring the board up?

Thanks again 64
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Cubase
recorder
Audacity

64Guitars

Just pull down the View menu and select "Mixer Board". If you don't have any tracks loaded, it will be greyed-out, so load some tracks first.

The Mixer Board is only available in version 1.3.8 and higher.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

pjd1

Thanks 64 G for your,e replys and time , i have used cakewalk a number of years ago but i wasnt aware of it being a roland product , it makes sense for them to have a dedicated DAW for there products ! i have just missed that fact somewhere along the line ,, i will be downloadeding the newer version of Audacity this week so i will give it a go !!

Brilliant and Thanks

Dunny
recorder
Boss BR-800

Cheers
Happiness is a warm ES 335, Boss BR800, Tascam dp 24 , Boss Micro , Fender Strat 70s original, Line 6 classical modeling guitar, yamaha ps 125 keyboard. Hohner Bass guitar.

recorder
Tascam DP-24

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-8