Main Menu

Mastering

Started by Gnasty, March 12, 2010, 07:12:15 PM

Oldrottenhead

i think audacity is free here is the link http://audacity.sourceforge.net/ i use cubase for multi track mixing but use audacity for trimming finished song and fade in  and fade out. but audacity does pretty much what cubase does and i believe its easier to learn to use. i am just so used to using cubase hence i use that.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

64Guitars

Mastering is the final step in any Micro BR recording. You don't use it until you're finished recording tracks and bouncing. When you select mastering mode, the four currently-selected tracks are mixed down to stereo according to the track levels and panning you've set. The stereo mix is routed through the mastering effects patch and recorded to the two destination tracks you've specified. Optionally, you can also export the final mix to an MP3 or WAV file.

Bounce mode is used when you've recorded to the four currently-selected tracks and you still want to record some more. For example, if you've recorded some bass and guitars to v-track 1 of tracks 1 through 4, you can bounce the stereo mix of those four tracks to Tr34v2. Then, while monitoring the playback of Tr34v2, you can record something else (vocals, lead guitar, etc.) on Tr1v2 and Tr2v2. If you still want to record some more, bounce those four tracks (v-track 2 of tracks 1 through 4) to Tr34v3. Now you can record something else on Tr1v3 and Tr2v3. And so on.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

Gnasty

Thanks for that link OHR. #%$^& Thats me swearing cuz to be honest with you, what happened in listening to the final cut of my song, i was listening to it on my computer with my default which is winamp. I never thought about my EQ settings which made it sound distorted. But when i put it in Audicity I noticed the song was great. I`m gonna do some tweaking and trimming today and hopefully post tonight. Thanks again OHR.

And thanks for your info on the mastering 64. That is the best description of bouncing and mastering tips. I learned this silver box 1 step at a time and with patience. And now i dont think i need any info from you guys on it anymore i hope..lol And when you listen to my tune, i wont let you down. It turned out better than i imagined.

PeAce
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Cubase
recorder
Audacity

Oldrottenhead

looking forward to hearing it gnasty.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann