"Underage Drinking" or "How I Became a Musician"

Started by Ted, March 12, 2010, 05:45:34 PM

Ted

Also: Our drummer was and is the most naturally gifted musician of the five us.  Years later he would listen to that recording, and marvel at his playing that night--the fumbles and the nail-biter recoveries.  Then he painstakingly learned to recreate some of the brilliant flailings from that recording--which became some of the more sophisticated fills he would do live.
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac

Geir

719 posts ago

yeah I took the bait :) ...

Still a good story ....

Still a good song .....

;D ;D ;D
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

badrail

Absolute Killer!!! Great Stuff.

That's how some started out.

Bluesberry

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

OsCKilO

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR
OsCKilO websites:  weebly.com  MySpace  SoundClick  ReverbNation
OsCKilO Albums:  "Masks"  "Easy London"

Also on Twitter for Live stuff..
Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to creative energy

chip withrow

Great stuff! I like the spirited "Louie Louie"-esque original, and your redux. It's primal frat-rock bluesy weirdness at its best.
In about sixth grade or so, about 1978, the "cool kid" in our neighborhood was the first to get an electric guitar. (He also had a motorcycle that he bought with the money he made on the paper route he handed down to me). And he had a tinny keyboard/organ in his basement, and I played piano. And a peculiar kid down the street played drums, so a band was born ...
We riffed on the guitar-solo part of "Free Bird" endlessly, and then we invited friends and family over to hear us. I've been addicted to applause since.

Greeny

I've never heard this before! Awesome story, and I love this little trip in a time machine. Fantastic!

na_th_an

This is simply awesome. Brought so many memories. Alcohol wasn't present in my beginnings in music, but shouting, swearing, belching and general madness were.

Man, you got me nostalgic and incredibly inspired. Seriously.

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Adobe Audition