Should I host my mp3 files off site?

Started by T.C. Elliott, March 12, 2010, 04:30:34 AM

64Guitars

Quote from: Pigfarmer Jr on March 16, 2010, 04:54:01 PMAnother item about having off site mp3 hosting. The new one I just posted doesn't show up in the recent songs list on the home page. It's not a biggie for me. Depending on the day any given song wouldn't stay up there for long anyway. And that's a good thing. It means more people are writing and/or recording music.

I hadn't thought about that, but you're right. The Latest Songs list and the song of the day work the same way as the "Play all my songs" jukebox. They query the attachments database. Since offsite files are not attachments, they're not in the database and, consequently, won't show up in the Latest Songs list or the song of the day. Maybe I'll find a way around that someday. But, for now, we could initially upload new songs to the forum as attachments, then after a few days or whatever, we could move them offsite. That would allow them to show up in the Latest Songs list and song of the day. After a few days, they wouldn't show up in either of those anyway, so moving them offsite wouldn't make any difference except for the "Play all my songs" jukebox.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website