Should I host my mp3 files off site?

Started by T.C. Elliott, March 12, 2010, 04:30:34 AM

OsCKilO

Quote from: oldrottenhead on March 12, 2010, 03:34:30 PMi just got a weebly page but not got a clue how to use it.

http://osckilo.weebly.com

I jusy Did a Weebly...

Seems like you have to pay to upload MP3's.
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR
OsCKilO websites:  weebly.com  MySpace  SoundClick  ReverbNation
OsCKilO Albums:  "Masks"  "Easy London"

Also on Twitter for Live stuff..
Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to creative energy

T.C. Elliott

O, go to media then just drag the one that says "file" down to your page. Then upload a file. It won't play it on that page, so if you wanted a streaming mp3 player you gotta pay.
BUT, if you get the link to that file you upload you can insert it here to stream through our stream an mp3 thingy.
recorder
Boss BR-900

recorder
Reaper

Dead Ambassadors Bandcamp Page

T.C. Elliott Bandcamp Page

"You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club." — Jack London

OsCKilO

Thanks PFJ

All a bit confusing for me....

Lol...

Just saw Cuthbert's One.... 

I Understand now..

Thanks again
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR
OsCKilO websites:  weebly.com  MySpace  SoundClick  ReverbNation
OsCKilO Albums:  "Masks"  "Easy London"

Also on Twitter for Live stuff..
Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to creative energy

Oldrottenhead

i could only add one file im not sure how to add others
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

T.C. Elliott

You have to drag another file icon down onto the page for each separate file.
I drug one down and added a song. Drug a second down for a second song. Then drug a third down and added a txt file.
recorder
Boss BR-900

recorder
Reaper

"You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club." — Jack London

Oldrottenhead

i tried that last night but it wouldnt work for me will try again later
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Oldrottenhead

still not letting me upload any more files i tried creating a new page no joy i use firefox so tried it in explorer no joy. any ideas
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
- Robert Schumann

64Guitars

I created a weebly page here just to see how it works. I was a bit disappointed to find that weebly has the same file size limit as Songcrafters (5MB). But, otherwise, I think it's pretty cool.

Here's how I uploaded my files:
  • Create a new page called "Songs".
  • Select Elements/Multimedia.
  • Drag a File element down to the page.
  • Wait until the element changes and displays "Click here to upload file". Then click on the element as instructed.
  • At the top of the page in the light blue box, click on "Upload new File".
  • Select the file from your hard drive and wait. It can take a couple of minutes to upload the file and there isn't any indication that it's doing anything. When the upload is complete, the file's description will change from "Click here to upload file" to the filename.
  • At the top of the page in the light blue box, you can change the displayed text from the filename to anything you like.

That's about it. To add more songs, just repeat steps 2 through 7.

The only confusing part is step 6. Since there's no indication that it's uploading, you might think that it's not working. You just have to be patient and wait until the file description changes from "Click here to upload file" to the filename. I did have one file that I had a hard time uploading. It was only 377KB so I'd have thought it would have uploaded quickly. It would show a box in the lower right corner that said "Upload Complete". Yet, the file description never changed from "Click here to upload file" to the filename. I tried it a few more times and eventually it worked. I don't know what the problem was.

Keep experimenting with it. If you keep having trouble with one particular file, try a different one.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

Oldrottenhead

whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
- Robert Schumann

T.C. Elliott

Another item about having off site mp3 hosting. The new one I just posted doesn't show up in the recent songs list on the home page. It's not a biggie for me. Depending on the day any given song wouldn't stay up there for long anyway. And that's a good thing. It means more people are writing and/or recording music.

The community here is outstanding,
Thanks for everything 64guitars
recorder
Boss BR-900

recorder
Reaper