"Jodie Foster (Housecleaning)" original by Ted

Started by Ted, March 11, 2010, 10:34:30 PM

Ted

Wow! I got bumped and didn't even know it until just now.

Thanks, bumpers.

Gonna redo this one some day; it needs a faster tempo and other changes. I'm constantly tweaking this one in my head.
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac

Greeny

Ah.... so good to hear this classic again! Damn it's good.

henwrench

The job of the artist is to deepen the mystery - Francis Bacon

English by birth, Brummie by the Grace of God

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Bluesberry

I just realized.....by reading every comment...while listening to the song a few times.....that I have never commented.  WOW Ted, what an amazing song.  First calss songwriting and everything else that goes into it.  Take another bow.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Ted

Geir covered this song, and you finally commented, Bluesberry. Now I can die a happy man!

Thanks.
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac

Bluesberry

The universe has been restored to its natural course.  You know what that means Ted, time to get a new one up............

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

andy casson

my first listen after listening to Geir's cover - Ted just superb! Much deserved bump!

andy

StephenM

glad I picked this one to hear today!  REally fun and clever songwriting.  The lyrics are catchy and interesting all the way through.
The vox sounds great.
I agree that bass is splendid.
I also like the song construct... it is very pop rock and I dig that and it has some really nice and pro kind of bridge stuff... the slow down and pauses are just right!

so reading all the comments.  I loved that movie Logan's Run.  I took this really hot sophomore (which is what I was) named Jodell.  Her dad was not impressed with me bringing her home at 10 pm when my license was only good until 9.  Never got to see her again..

For me I kind of really had it bad for Sandra Bullock.  Hey we all got stories.

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

SteveB

Jeeze, this thread is making feel decidedly old. My 'crush' was Liesl from the film 'The Sound of Music'. And what was her boyfriend's name, Rolf? I never knew you could hate someone so much! Coincidently, and aligning with the thread subject, a few years ago, my Other-Half made me accompany her to the Art Film auditorium of our local Multiplex, where we viewed a French film with subtitles, in which my OH informed me, Jodie Foster gave a flawless performance speaking French. Not sure what it was called, but I think it was about WWI. A banging OP tune with dry, perceptive lyrics by the way, well worth a listen.  8)
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR

https://soundcloud.com/stevebon