Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Ted

Quote from: 64Guitars on March 14, 2010, 02:39:26 PM
Quote from: Ted on March 14, 2010, 02:15:05 PM
Quote from: chapperz66 on March 13, 2010, 03:14:50 AMI used to lust after Jenny Agutter in my youth but I'm not going to wait for her any more either.  Time to move on...
Quote from: oldrottenhead on March 13, 2010, 04:20:39 AMi still lust after jenny agutter
Must be a British thing.  I never heard of her.

Didn't you ever see the 1976 movie "Logan's Run"?  She played Jessica 6.

When Logan's Run came out, I was 14, and all I remember was that Farrah Fawcett was in it--for about five minutes.  We were all about the Farrah in 1976.  But Walkabout looks good: 91% on Rotten Tomatoes.

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac

Facemask93

Great lyrics , great vox , and what a great guitar tone

Rob

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

"All along the ancient wastes the thin reflections spin,
that gather all the times and tides at once we love within."
 - Roy Harper

SwanSong

THIS Is a great song u may think it s silly but good guitar
and vocals. sometiems the silly songs are the one s to hit
big on the charts. u never know.. keep it up take care NEIL

Ferryman

Oh dear oh dear. First, the music. Ted, I love this, the lyrics are great fun and the bass and guitar are excellent - glad you finally used the Zoom! Great song and a nice mix as well.

But second, the obsessions. Oh dear. I was ahead of you on the JF front by many years (refer to my song "Screen Gems") and then ORH mentions Jenny Agutter, what British gentleman of a certain age could not be aware of Walkabout and Logan's Run......

Quick nurse, the screens............

Cheers,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

chapperz66

Quote from: Ted on March 14, 2010, 05:39:53 PM
Quote from: 64Guitars on March 14, 2010, 02:39:26 PM
Quote from: Ted on March 14, 2010, 02:15:05 PM
Quote from: chapperz66 on March 13, 2010, 03:14:50 AMI used to lust after Jenny Agutter in my youth but I'm not going to wait for her any more either.  Time to move on...
Quote from: oldrottenhead on March 13, 2010, 04:20:39 AMi still lust after jenny agutter
Must be a British thing.  I never heard of her.

Didn't you ever see the 1976 movie "Logan's Run"?  She played Jessica 6.

And talking of nurses, what about the part Jenny played as the nurse in "American Werewolf In London"?  The uniform.....I won't mention the Railway Children because that might make me look a bit dodgy - other than to say that I once spoke to her co-star Sally Thomsett.  I saw her in Leicester  Square tube station about 30 years ago.  I said "Hello Sally" - and she completely ignored me.  Can't say I blame her really.

Paul

But

Ferryman

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Ted

Quote from: Rickocaster on March 13, 2010, 09:44:50 PMGreat song by the way.  Very smart lyrics, as usual. Enjoyed it a lot.  I like the pseudo 60s horn part.

Thanks! There's no horn part there.  (Was it one of your songs where I once heard nonexistent horns?  Are you making fun of me?)

I've been thinking of going total Boskoschwartzitis with this and re-recording it from scratch.  I think the tempo is a bit slow, and it could use just a little condensation.

Somebody stop me.  I'd rather consider this a demo, and get on to writing the next song.

Quote from: SwanSong on March 14, 2010, 09:03:54 PMsometiems the silly songs are the one s to hit
big on the charts. u never know.

Do you mean, this could be My Ding-a-Ling?
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac

Oldrottenhead

hey ted before you go all boscko on us, you must watch walkabout and write a verse for jenny agutter
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

j.g.

Love this one. Very much like the Clash song "Should I stay or should I go" - this song had a change in tempo in the middle and then reverted to the slower tempo. Seems you are on that wave length with the comment about speed. Very good lyrics - stirs a few memories here as well.