Ted

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac

Bluesberry

Holy crap Ted, you grabbed me with that wild guitar right off.  Your bass line is wonderment itself, recorded so well.  Can I ask for your technique for recording your bass, it is perfect.  Please.  Great song Ted, I am so glad you got one up.  Looks like 2010 is going to be the year that the floodgates open up and a whole album of fantastic songs like this one comes pouring out, that is my prediction.  Class, pro all the way.  Wonderful in every way Ted.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Jim1970

That was very enjoyable and a Fun Song.
Love the Guitar work!!!   NICE!!
Jodie Foster!!

JIM from Jersey
Now on SoundClick and Reverbnation
http://members.soundclick.com/jmarciniec1970
http://www.reverbnation.com/jamesmarciniec
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

OsCKilO

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR
OsCKilO websites:  weebly.com  MySpace  SoundClick  ReverbNation
OsCKilO Albums:  "Masks"  "Easy London"

Also on Twitter for Live stuff..
Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to creative energy

Rickocaster

Quote from: Ted on March 11, 2010, 10:42:37 PMAnd now I have the gall to think the forum forgive my negligence and listen to this. Jerk.

No, man.  Life happens.

Great song by the way.  Very smart lyrics, as usual. Enjoyed it a lot.  I like the pseudo 60s horn part.
http://www.youtube.com/rickocaster
Come on, you know you want to go there...

Rickocaster

This is creepy....

As soon as I clicked the "post" button, who do you think I saw being interviewed on TV?  Jodie Foster!  Coincidence?  You be the judge.
http://www.youtube.com/rickocaster
Come on, you know you want to go there...

Ted

And now for a mega response:

Thanks everyone!  (I couldn't wait until the topic slipped to page 2).

Greeny: I totally thought of you when I made the chord change D to Dm7.  I don't think I did it in a very original way, but I've never done a change like that before. I felt like I'd opened a door to a new world of pop songwriting.

Quote from: Satchwood on March 12, 2010, 08:51:01 AMYour voice sounds a bit like Neil Young to me ~ a friendly, easy-listening kinda voice!

Hmm Jody Foster, eh,  use to be one of my faves too, although I never went thru the trouble to stalk her...ha!

You're a Phoenician.  Did you ever encounter Jodie Foster's Army (JFA)?  I was friends with their original drummer, Bam Bam, at Cortez High school.  I ran into him last year.  I blogged about it here.

Neil Young, eh?  No one's ever said that before, but you and I did cover Old King together.

Quote from: cuthbert on March 12, 2010, 10:15:07 AMI like the sounds you got - which Vox amp have you got?

I have a Vox DA5

Here's how I got the seriously messed-up, nasty, "annoyingly cool" guitar tone:

I used the Auto-Wah effect, and the "Blues 1" style on the Vox.  And the "Nashville" patch on the Micro BR.

Quote from: AndyR on March 12, 2010, 01:01:49 PMLove it - my favourite verse is verse 3, btw, that's the one that touched me the most ... that "went shopping with her husband in a big department store" is a class line :)

Right.  Move over, Leonard Cohen.

Thanks, though.

Quote from: s.w.goatlips on March 12, 2010, 08:47:17 PMAnd Jane. Saw Barbarella when I was about 14 and fell in lust. Great song.

I saw Barbarella at a midnight movie when I was 16 or so. I think my reaction was, "Oh my God, I'm so not ready for this."

Quote from: chapperz66 on March 13, 2010, 03:14:50 AMI used to lust after Jenny Agutter in my youth but I'm not going to wait for her any more either.  Time to move on...
Quote from: oldrottenhead on March 13, 2010, 04:20:39 AMi still lust after jenny agutter

Must be a British thing.  I never heard of her.

Quote from: Bluesberry on March 13, 2010, 08:31:33 AMYour bass line is wonderment itself, recorded so well.  Can I ask for your technique for recording your bass, it is perfect.  Please.  Great song Ted, I am so glad you got one up.  Looks like 2010 is going to be the year that the floodgates open up and a whole album of fantastic songs like this one comes pouring out, that is my prediction.

My very first post on Microrecorders.org was about getting a good sound from my old Ibanez Blazer Bass in the Micro BR.  (Subtle reminder of my seniority over you, BB.)  I've spent lots of money on gear trying to get that right, and nothing really satisfied me.  Last year Nigel endorsed a Zoom B2 pedal, and I went for it.  I still hadn't really fallen in love with it.

I did the bass for this song last, which is not my normal MO. I started scrolling through the patches on the B2, expecting yet again not to be completely satisfied, and when I hit patch "C4" I thought, Eureka!  It's full name is "Slapstick" and is based on an Ampeg amp.  The manual says:

Quote from: Zoom B2 ManualRock style sound as personified by Flea of the Red Hot Chili Peppers.

I think I also used the "BassCln" patch in the Micro BR.

I'll work on those floodgates.
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac

64Guitars

Quote from: Ted on March 14, 2010, 02:15:05 PM
Quote from: chapperz66 on March 13, 2010, 03:14:50 AMI used to lust after Jenny Agutter in my youth but I'm not going to wait for her any more either.  Time to move on...
Quote from: oldrottenhead on March 13, 2010, 04:20:39 AMi still lust after jenny agutter

Must be a British thing.  I never heard of her.

Didn't you ever see the 1976 movie "Logan's Run"?  She played Jessica 6.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

Oldrottenhead

didnt you ever see walkabout and the nude swimming in the pond scene. lmao.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

64Guitars

Not yet, but now I'm going to look for it.  ;D

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder