A few minor improvements

Started by 64Guitars, March 11, 2010, 07:41:28 PM

Davo

Ive not been around much, but I just wanna say the new site is GREAT!  Really an improvment.
To be pleased with one's limits is a wretched state.
- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

64Guitars

The "Play all my songs" jukebox now has a scrollable members list so you can easily check out the music of other members. Only members who have uploaded one or more MP3s are shown. The total number of them is shown in parenthesis at the top of the list. Currently, 326 members have uploaded MP3s. Also, the number of MP3s uploaded by each member is shown in parenthesis beside their name. Member names with a darker colour are ones whose playlist you've visited. Lighter coloured ones are those that you've not yet clicked on (recently).

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

Geir

Fantastic work 64G !!!

This site is getting better all the time !!

Thank you for the time and effort you put into keeping this site what it is and at the same time giving us more excellent features all the time !
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Oldrottenhead

whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

guitarron

we appreciate you dedication and attention to detail-you make this this site very enjoyable

recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Reaper
recorder
Cubasis
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Bluesberry

For all your hard work I present you with the highest of offers, the Golden Gould (award conceptualization and distribution courtesy of our own little Golden Gould himself, Gritter).

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

64Guitars

Now that we can easily go to any member's "Play all my songs" jukebox via the member list within it, I thought we should have a button at the top of each page so we can get to the jukebox quickly. The only trouble is, the jukebox requires a member ID number to be specified and it didn't seem fair to have the button default to one member's jukebox. So I decided to add a "Random Dozen" feature when the non-existent member #0 is specified and have the "Member Jukeboxes" button go there.

It picks 12 songs randomly out of all of the songs uploaded by all members since Dec 16, 2007 and plays them in the jukebox. I also added the fictitious member "Random" at the top of the list. Each time you click on that member, you get a new list of 12 randomly-chosen songs. Of course, you can also click on any real member in the list to play their songs. That's the real purpose of the "Member Jukeboxes" button. The "Random Dozen" feature is just a bonus.

Have fun, but don't get so wrapped up in it that you don't have any time to record something for DylanFest and ComedyFest.  ;)

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

Geir

You spoil us 64G !!!!

Great feature, now .... when to get time to record ??? ??? ;D
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

djbride

Thanks 64G for all your hard work constantly improving this site.
It is very much appreciated by everyone.

Thank You,

Dave
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_music.cfm?bandID=1049425

"Rock is dead they say, Long Live Rock, be it dead or alive"    P. Townsend