A few minor improvements

Started by 64Guitars, March 11, 2010, 07:41:28 PM

64Guitars

I've made a few minor improvements to the site:

• Added "Show All Unread Topics" below the featured song at the top of the page. Clicking this link will show you all of your unread topics, not just the ones since your last visit. I use this all the time.

• The MP3 player is now properly centred in the message. This means that you can now include centred text such as the song title at the end of your message and it will appear properly aligned directly above the player.

• The [singlemp3][/singlemp3] tags also result in a properly centered MP3 player. And I've removed the extra space below the player so that we can place the song title directly underneath the player. Here's an example.

• The SoundClick player gadget is now linked to the corresponding song page at SoundClick. Just click on the SoundClick logo above the player.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

OsCKilO

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR
OsCKilO websites:  weebly.com  MySpace  SoundClick  ReverbNation
OsCKilO Albums:  "Masks"  "Easy London"

Also on Twitter for Live stuff..
Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to creative energy

s.w.goatlips

Good stuff and thankyou for your hard work. One quick question. On the home page there is a little box with "guitar and headphones" on it and a little red X. What does it all mean?
Frustration is my middle name.

64Guitars

Quote from: s.w.goatlips on March 11, 2010, 08:24:34 PMOn the home page there is a little box with "guitar and headphones" on it and a little red X. What does it all mean?

It means the image that's supposed to appear there is missing. I've already asked Pedro to send it to me. When he does, I'll fix that.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

Groundy

Welcome back and thank you all for your hard work in making this possible......Alex ;D ;D ;D

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

If I had known i was going to be this thirsty this morning I'd of had another Beer last night...

https://www.reverbnation.com/redwoodlouis/songs

Oldrottenhead

i love you 64
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Ferryman

Can you add an "increase my talent" button please?

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

pjd1

Great work 64 Guitars you have a lot of thank full people around , including me !!

Dunny

recorder
Boss BR-800

Cheers
Happiness is a warm ES 335, Boss BR800, Tascam dp 24 , Boss Micro , Fender Strat 70s original, Line 6 classical modeling guitar, yamaha ps 125 keyboard. Hohner Bass guitar.

recorder
Tascam DP-24

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-8

64Guitars

We've increased the upload limit from 5MB to 6MB (thanks Mike!). The exact limit is now 6,292 KB (decimal), which is 6,292,000 bytes. Windows reports file sizes rounded to the nearest binary megabyte or kilobyte. So, when Windows says a file is 6.0 MB, the actual size is about 6,291,456 bytes (depending on whether it rounded the actual size up or down), which is just below our limit.

We should now be able to upload most 3 or 4 minute songs at 192kbps. Longer songs may have to be reduced to 160kbps or even 128 kbps.

We'll be keeping an eye on the total size of our attachments folder (currently 12GB). If it gets too big, we may have to reduce the upload limit. I think we can avoid that if some of the frequent posters move some of their files offsite (weebly.com, fileden, etc.) and link to those files with the [singlemp3][/singlemp3] tags instead. It's not compulsory, but it would help to slow the growth of our attachments folder so that other members can continue to upload their files here and, hopefully, we won't have to reduce the upload limit.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

Geir

Thank you Mike and 64G, that's good news !!!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........