Can I have a bigger byte?

Started by s.w.goatlips, March 11, 2010, 02:06:46 PM

s.w.goatlips

Just a quick question. I'm confident that this subject is probably covered somewhere in this maze but I am feeling way too lazy at the moment to look it up, so my my Q is: is there a particular reason that the upload limit is only 5 bits? I have trouble making songs that come in under five minutes, and call me fussy, but I don't particularly like squishing them down into tiny mp3 files. Infact, I don't have an i-pod, 'cause I have this weird phobia about mp3 anyway. I am awaiting rude insulting "technophobe" type replies with baited breath.
Frustration is my middle name.

s.w.goatlips

I have absolutely nothing further to add to this but I'm tired of my profile saying "newbie" so I'm going to "volumise" my posting.

OsCKilO

Post Some Boobs....

Got me to Hero Member in no time....
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR
OsCKilO websites:  weebly.com  MySpace  SoundClick  ReverbNation
OsCKilO Albums:  "Masks"  "Easy London"

Also on Twitter for Live stuff..
Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to creative energy

OsCKilO

5 Meg Limit the Problem....?

Use a file sharing Site to host the file, press this button and paste the Link the file in these Brackets....

[singlemp3 ][/singlemp3 ]

Your file can be as big as you want!

;D
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to creative energy

64Guitars

I see that OsCKilO has already replied with a similar answer.

Quote from: s.w.goatlips on March 11, 2010, 02:06:46 PMis there a particular reason that the upload limit is only 5 bits? I have trouble making songs that come in under five minutes, and call me fussy, but I don't particularly like squishing them down into tiny mp3 files.

You can store your MP3s elsewhere if you like and still link to them with our MP3 player gadget. Then filesize wouldn't be an issue. For example, here's a song which one of our members has on his Weebly website:

Time:
0:00
Volume:

"The Kids Are Alright"
by Epinay (BR-900)

Creating a Weebly website is easy and free. Check it out:  http://www.weebly.com/

If more people were to use offsite storage such as Weebly, we might be able to increase the attachment limits here. Currently, we have 12 gigabytes of MP3 attachments and it's growing larger all the time. That's why it took 5 days to transfer the site to the new server account. The rest of the site I downloaded in about 30 minutes and uploaded to the new server account in about 80 minutes. But transferring the MP3s took several days because their total size is so huge.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

cuthbert

Great idea, 64G - thanks for the tip!
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase

s.w.goatlips

question answered. thankyou.
and i'm no longer a newbie!

OsCKilO

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR