broken the master volume button off my amp

Started by Oldrottenhead, March 10, 2010, 11:40:05 AM

Oldrottenhead

i was hauling my line 6 spider2 11/15 amp out of my car and broke the master knob off.snapping the metal thingy so i though i know i'll drill a hole and use a screwdriver or penknife to adjust the volume, but it popped into the gubbins aarrgh. anyway i need it tonight and am gonna try a quick patch up using screwdriver as  a way to turn volume up and down, heres hoping. anyway is it easy to replace or should i take it in for repairs any help will be welcome, and its well well by its warranty.

update fix didnt work, got a constant volume so having to use channel volume, hopefully it will be loud enough for the quiz night, i can hear them now, "haw! Jimmy we cannea hear, gonny say that again, whit? whit?" etc. who'd be a quizmaster?
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

launched

"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

dwardzala

If it doesn't have an 11 on it, it doesn't go to 11.!

Seriously, I am not an amp expert, but they are just potentiometers (pots) and it shouldn't be too expensive to have an amp tech fix it right.
Dave

BR-600

s.w.goatlips

I don't know who would be a quiz master, but I do know that this post, however useless, will help stop my profile from saying "newbie".
Frustration is my middle name.

Tony W

Quote from: s.w.goatlips on March 11, 2010, 02:25:29 PMI don't know who would be a quiz master, but I do know that this post, however useless, will help stop my profile from saying "newbie".

LMAO

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss BR-80

recorder
Boss Micro BR

pjd1

It might just be a case of resoldering a new pot onto the PCB board , give it a try and see how you go !!

Dunny
recorder
Boss BR-800

Cheers
Happiness is a warm ES 335, Boss BR800, Tascam dp 24 , Boss Micro , Fender Strat 70s original, Line 6 classical modeling guitar, yamaha ps 125 keyboard. Hohner Bass guitar.

recorder
Tascam DP-24

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-8

Flash Harry

We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.

OsCKilO

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR
OsCKilO websites:  weebly.com  MySpace  SoundClick  ReverbNation
OsCKilO Albums:  "Masks"  "Easy London"

Also on Twitter for Live stuff..
Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to creative energy

Oldrottenhead

i really must fix my knob. i cant control the master volume at all but setting its stuck at is loud enough for the quiz.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann