Which are the best CDs for burning

Started by tonyblue, March 10, 2010, 10:25:41 AM

tonyblue

Yes OK, I understand that I may have used a title for this post that may lead to a raft of suggestions about pre-recorded CDs.

But no, I used demo CDs to promote me to get more gigs.  Lately I have been told that some of them (Maxwells) seem to be blank, this is a new problem to me, has something changed, or is there a better brand of blank CD I could try, I know that sometimes, it is the fault of the player, but I really want anyone who asks for a demo CD can hear it.

Could it be that my computer is at fault, it is only three years old, but that can be a very long time in computers, or even should I buy a seperate CD burner.

Thank you for looking at this and I know you will help, if you can.

TonyBlue ;D   
Keep playing and getting better until you can stand the sound that you are making

Oldrottenhead

i always burn  my demo's at the lowest speed the cd writer runs at. i find when i burn at fast speeds is when i get problems with play back. i dont know which software you use to burn, i swear by nero and rarely use anything else.
regarding best cds i always buy cheap unbranded cds from my local pc accessory store. i used to always use verbatim cds, but i find the store i use always provides good discs, if they didnt i'm sure their customers would let them know.

if there is a problem with your cd writer they are very easy to replace and incredibly cheap.

my burner died recently and i got a new all singing dancing lg model for 20 pounds uk. i remember buying my first cd writer and paying well over £100 for it, hope that is of some help.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

tonyblue

Thank you, I was just trying to produce the best copys that I could, and you have reminded me that I used to get CDs from Aldi, a cheap supermarket, and I never had a problem with them, maybe I'm trying to hard.

Thanks for youe advice, we thanks to all who kept this site open

TonyBlue
Keep playing and getting better until you can stand the sound that you are making

64Guitars

Most CD burning programs have an option to verify the data after it's written. It will compare the data on the finished CD to the data on your hard drive and warn you if they don't match or if it can't read the CD. This option may be off by default. If you turn it on, it will take a bit longer to copy a CD, but you'll have some confidence that your copies are good.

You also have to make sure you finalize your CDs. If the finalize option is turned off, your CDs may play just fine on your computer but they might not play on other CD players.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

tonyblue

Thank you,
I use the Media player that comes with the computer, or express burn, I have not gone for Nero due to the price of around £40, and I seem to be paying for features I don't need, I only want to burn music CDs, but I suppose I will have to get a copy.
TonyBlue

Tony W

Most burners have software associated with them, chances are it's installed on your computer and you just don't know its there. Regardless, windows media player is just fine. I'd recommend checking 64's suggestions, then testing your CD in a CD player prior to sending it out.

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss BR-80

recorder
Boss Micro BR