TributeFest cover of dechromium cob by ted, performed by orh and geir

Started by Oldrottenhead, March 10, 2010, 01:52:25 AM

Oldrottenhead

dechromium cob orh and geir 2nd mix
Time:
0:00
Volume:

i have always loved ted's song dechromium cob, so half sozzled last weekend i gave it a bash on the juno and got lost in it, am not much of a drummer but had fun playing drums live on the juno sent it to geir and he added some rhythm guitar and lead.
this was great fun to do, thanks ted for sending me the lyrics and thanks geir for just being geir.

here is a link to the original song by ted https://songcrafters.org/community/index.php?topic=2752.0
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Flash Harry

Nice one guys, I love the singing and Geirs wild and whacky guitar is just ... well... wild and whacky!

It's a great tribute to Ted. And to Donald Duck. Who'd have thought he was a hidden member!
We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.

Bluesberry

Flipping brilliliant in every way.  What a way to celebrate the site being back.  This is exactly what i love about this site.  Songs like this.  I too loved Teds original song.  And this treatment is just so wonderful.  Your "drums" sound really good to me, very organic and real sounding, very great job for just tapping on keys like that, I am shocked they sound as good as they do, I'll have to try that someday.  A wild ride through a slightly cracked landscape of the soul.  I love it.  It is cracked enough and sane enough and wild enough to be what it is, brilliant.  Absolutely great job ORH and Geir.  How do you like it Ted?

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Ted

Quote from: Bluesberry on March 10, 2010, 05:44:28 AMHow do you like it Ted?

I'm honored.  ORH gave me sneak previews while it was in progress over the weekend.  I love it!

I wrote about the history of the song here:

Quote from: https://half-heartedfanatic.com/2009/05/19/dechromium-cob/When we were in high school, "dechromium cob" was our code word for how some of the weightlifters walked. We got it second hand from a Frank Zappa song

I've already shared this with all of my old bandmates, to rave reviews.
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac

Oldrottenhead

QuoteI've already shared this with all of my old bandmates, to rave reviews.
that is so cool. that's made my day.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Ted

BTW: The very original recording of this song was quite drunken as well.  Thanks for honoring the tradition.

In 1979, it was five underage guys in Phoenix on cheap wine. Only one of us sort of played an instrument--and that person wasn't me.  I'd only written the first verse, and I just sang it over and over again.  My friends screamed along and interjected ridiculous comments.  A band was born.
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac

Redler

Absolutely grazy stuff on positive way!! I listened at first Ted's original version and both are excellent. Great work guys!!!

recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Satchwood

Wow what a flippin cool Ted cover !!  Ah yes, RUI ~ Recording Under the Influence :-)

What a great and fun listen ~ cool drums ~ so many freaky Juno sounds & Geir-tar!  Great singing Jim and that wacky donald duck voice cracked me up!
www.reverbnation.com/Satchwood
www.myspace.com/Satchwood
www.soundclick.com/Satchwood

"Sometimes It's Not How Fast You Move, But How Soon You Get There" - Bruce Lee

Tools: Kramer Strat, LP Deluxe, Avalon 12-string, Ibanez Bass, Yamaha Keyboard, Micro BR, Riffworks, Line 6 UX2, & a little Ableton & Audacity for grins :~)

Tony W

Love it. Glad I got to listen to this cover. Damn fine stuff.

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss BR-80

recorder
Boss Micro BR