The future of Songcrafters.org

Started by 64Guitars, March 02, 2010, 09:42:47 AM

IanR

Thanks guys.  It is good news. 

I'm also concerned about 1 person footing the bill.  I'd like to help if possible. And as the site grows, there must certainly be more work in maintenance.  How can we help?

recorder
PreSonus Studio 1824
recorder
PreSonus FaderPort 8
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

Flash Harry

I have to say that I have had some lovely PM's from TonyW and Ted, both of whom I have great respect for, they had the Songcrafters community at heart when they offered to take over from Pedro.

I'm glad that the site is saved.

Thanks Tony and Ted for the kind PM's. They mean a lot to me.
We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.

OsCKilO

Quote from: Flash Harry on March 02, 2010, 01:31:14 PMTharek you can continue to take the piss as much as you like. It keeps me grounded.

Ok...

Well.....

See this....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JN7y0Sb0s6Y

Thats you and Jim that is.......... ;D ;)
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR
OsCKilO websites:  weebly.com  MySpace  SoundClick  ReverbNation
OsCKilO Albums:  "Masks"  "Easy London"

Also on Twitter for Live stuff..
Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to creative energy

64Guitars

Quote from: Pigfarmer Jr on March 02, 2010, 03:11:17 PMAnd finally, one suggestion. How about a paypal link where we can donate for upkeep? Maybe get a cool little flag by your name for a year if you donate over 10 bucks. I dunnae, it'd be cool to help out, though.

Quote from: IanR on March 02, 2010, 04:00:40 PMI'm also concerned about 1 person footing the bill.

Any way that Mike wants to handle funding is okay with me, so I'll let Mike answer these comments. The only thing we have to keep in mind is Pedro's condition that the site remain non-profit and free to all members. So, donations would have to be voluntary and large excesses would have to somehow be put back into the site.

Quote from: IanR on March 02, 2010, 04:00:40 PMI'd like to help if possible. And as the site grows, there must certainly be more work in maintenance.  How can we help?

Thanks. Maintenance of the site is actually pretty easy and shouldn't require a lot of my time, so I feel confident that I'll be able to handle it. But where I would like some help is with moderating. We already have several volunteers for moderating but if anyone else fancies the job and has time to check the site a few times each day and read all unread messages in the forum they're responsible for, let me know. It's very easy and doesn't require any technical skills, but it will require a fair bit of time every day and a commitment to read all the messages in the assigned forum. After we complete the transfer and the site's running smoothly, we'll decide how many moderators we'll need, who they'll be, and which forums they'll each cover. Until then, I'll continue to moderate.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

Oldrottenhead

whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

OsCKilO

LOL!!!!

Thats a Talented Guy there!!!!

I Love Harry Hill!!!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to creative energy

OsCKilO

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Oldrottenhead

QuoteI'm doing that next Monday....
the chord progressions for the eastenders theme tune are very difficult lol.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Blooby

Special thanks to 64, Mike, Jim, and Pedro.

I salute you with burlap underwear unfurled (I really don't know what that means but thanks).  Know that you are appreciated.

Blooby

Oldrottenhead

to tonyw, ted , 64 , mike and pedro thank you all. to everyone else i was an innocent bystander that got caught in the flow. so any credit should go to the aforementioned.

to 64guitars i know you want me to moderate in some form or other so can i get a quite bit somewhere to moderate so i can get on with the music. i can see a busy spell coming on with the new fest.

i buried my head in the sand over the weekend and was involved in about 12 songs a few where posted over the weekend.

as the song goes music is my first love and it will be my last, but i love you guys one and all.

whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
- Robert Schumann