The future of Songcrafters.org

Started by 64Guitars, March 02, 2010, 09:42:47 AM

Geir

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   THANK YOU   !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You are true heroes !!!

This site have changed my life too, and I'm so relieved that a solution have been found.

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Saijinn Maas

Thanks to 64G, Mike, Jim, and Pedro. This site has indeed re-awakened long held dreams of making music for me. Without, I would not have been playing nearly as much as I currently do. Or have some of my most recent gear... Hmm... THAT'S why my wife seemed happy when I first told her the site was closing down...

I certainly did not expect any one person to handle the financial responsibility alone. I understand the decision, but despite my overall rudeness initially regarding the matter, I do wanna wish Pedro a wholehearted good luck to any future endeavors. Including still coming by here from time to time. ;)

Thanks

Ted

Thanks to Flash, ORH, and 64G for stepping up.

Thanks to Pedro for the reprieve.

I think I can speak for both Tony W and myself when I say, this is in no way a disappointment to us. Much to the contrary.  We were unaware of any other options being proposed.  As far as we knew, our proposal was the only proposal.  We certainly support any plan that meets Pedro's quite reasonable conditions.

A related note: Last night was my monthly songwriters' circle.  It kind of sucked.  Some of my friends couldn't make it. Only one other person brought a new song.  This one big blowhard--who didn't bring a song--wanted to talk himself instead of the songs that were presented.  I played my new song, and got no substantive feedback.  In my disappointment, it was a comfort to know that songcrafters.org is still around, and I'll be able to debut my songs to this audience, and hear new songs--and do it everyday if I choose.
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac

Oldrottenhead

whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

hooper

recorder
Tascam DP-24
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Boss Micro BR
'If you aren't in over your head, how do you know how tall you are?' - TSE

Greeny

As Mr Formby would say... "TURNED OUT NICE AGAIN..."

Fabulous news all round  :) :) :) :)

pjd1

I think that is really good news for everyone who is involved with this site , it is a superb fountain of knowledge for recording, and a fantastic musical outlet for all kinds of muso,s ,,, my thanks to the take over crew Flash ORH and 64 Guitars you are top blocks and i hope you get as much out of the site that everyone else does ...

Brilliant !!!

Dunny
recorder
Boss BR-800

Cheers
Happiness is a warm ES 335, Boss BR800, Tascam dp 24 , Boss Micro , Fender Strat 70s original, Line 6 classical modeling guitar, yamaha ps 125 keyboard. Hohner Bass guitar.

recorder
Tascam DP-24

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-8

Tony W

Site continuation is, was, and always will be the most important aspect. I'm glad to have had the opportunity to aid in the continuation of the site. I am looking forward participating here in the same spirit as it has been since inception.

Flash and Jim, I'm very glad that you two icons will be involved. You have been the heart and soul of this site for as long as I have been here.

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss BR-80

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Bluesberry

A feeling of relief is descending over me as I read this, a warm squishy feeling, a peacefull cosy feeling.  I may just sit here for a while and bask in the warm glow that is rising up from my lower geography.  As I sit and contemplate, feeling this warmth, I am reminded of that peacefull feeling, once, a long time ago, youthfull thoughts, sitting in this barred structure, looking out at the pretty colours of the room, swaddled in white puffy garments of an unknown nature.  A woman comes over and picks me up, laying me down on a hard surface, and proceeds to remove the white puffy garment, and replacing it with a new, clean version of said garment.  Ahhhhhhhhhhh, thats better, now then, where was I...Peacefull, hopefull feeling that all is well with the world.  Hope, thats all we really have anyway, hope.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Redler

Really good news that this site will continue! Special thanks to 64, Flash Harry, Pedro and Jim!!

- Kari
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR