The future of Songcrafters.org

Started by 64Guitars, March 02, 2010, 09:42:47 AM

64Guitars

I'm happy to report that Songcrafters.org will continue, thanks to the kindness and generosity of Mike (Flash Harry), who will be funding the site himself. Administration will consist of Mike, Jim (oldrottenhead), and myself. The site will remain with the same hosting service (BlueHost), so you shouldn't see any difference in performance. And we have no plans for any big changes, so Songcrafters will remain the site that we all know and love.

I want to thank Tony W and Ted for stepping forward immediately and offering their financial support and assistance in saving Songcrafters. Unfortunately, after giving the matter a lot of thought, I decided I wasn't comfortable with the proposed arrangement. I would not have stood in their way if Pedro had decided to turn the site over to them, but I didn't want to be part of the administration. I would have done the ftp transfer of the site as Pedro requested, then left the administration of the site to them after that. I would have remained an ordinary member with no moderator responsibilities and continued to maintain the existing and future jukeboxes, but that's all. This was my decision and I was about to convey it to Tony, Ted, and Pedro when I received Mike's offer. I felt much more comfortable with this arrangement and proposed it to Pedro. It was a difficult decision for Pedro to make as he'd already agreed to Tony and Ted's plan and, like me, didn't want to hurt their feelings. I finally received Pedro's decision late last night and got final confirmation from Mike and Jim this morning. Now that we're all in agreement, the site transfer will go ahead.

I'd also like to thank everyone who volunteered to moderate. I apologise for not replying to some of you but I've been pretty busy making arrangements for the future of the site. We will definitely need a few moderators and I will let you know after the transfer is completed and the site's running smoothly again.

Finally, I'd like to thank Pedro for making this site possible and for allowing it to continue. He has built the best music community on the web. A friendly, supportive community, open to everyone. We intend to keep it that way.

Sorry for keeping everyone in the dark but I didn't want to say anything until Pedro made his decision.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

Flash Harry

I would like to thank 64 Guitars for the work that he has put into this. I am only interested in keeping this community on line and as friendly and as supportive as place as Pedro made it.

I agree with 64Guitars statement that we do not plan to make any significant changes to the way that this site operates, the ethos or the mission of the site.

On a personal note, it is because of this site that I have started playing live again. It has been life enhancing for me and I would like to give that opportunity to others.

Long may this site remain a delightful place to visit.

We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.

SteveB

One of the benchmarks to set store by is: 'Would I like to be stuck in a lifeboat with these people?'. And I think the answer in this case, is uniformly YES!!
It reminds of Steve McQueen's character in Towering Inferno when he asks for volunteers and all his firemen step forward. You get a good feeling on this site. And long may it continue, whomever is in charge. Good luck to you all.
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR

https://soundcloud.com/stevebon

fenderbender

great news guys ==
my admiration to you all --

best wishes in the continued forward march and sucess of the site

highest regards to you guys

tommy
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss BR-600

launched

This is great news to hear. Our site has become a powerful zone for breeding creativity, and I am happy to hear that it is going to stay that way. After the dust had settled last fall, I was excited to see how promising the site looked regarding many areas of music.

Although I love the site as a whole, I particularly enjoy the boards that promote songwriting and the production of original material. Don't get me wrong, I love covers, patches, gabbing and gadgetry, but I think the Songwriting/Lyrics/Originals boards are what makes the site tick.

Thank you for coming together Jim, Mike and 64Guitars. I'm glad you have Pedro's best interests at heart and want to continue the site the way he had envisioned it to move forward.  

Cheers, guys!

Mark

P.S. I forgot to express my gratitude for the courage/energy/ambition/inspiration this awesome site has given me. And that goes for every member that helped build my confidence over the past year.
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

Vanncad

Wow guys - tremendous news!!

Quote...it is because of this site that I have started playing live again. It has been life enhancing for me and I would like to give that opportunity to others.
- Talk about "Pay it Forward"!! What an example you guys have set!

I am really glad to hear the site will continue. Thanks to all of you for making it possible.

Thanks again Pedro for starting this site. It has affected many peoples lives in a very positive way. You should be extremely proud!!
It ain't pretty being easy.

Okay to Cover

OsCKilO

Great News!!!!

You Guys Rock!!!!!

I'm as happy as this dog!!!!

Does that mean I can't take the Piss out of you any more Mike?
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR
OsCKilO websites:  weebly.com  MySpace  SoundClick  ReverbNation
OsCKilO Albums:  "Masks"  "Easy London"

Also on Twitter for Live stuff..
Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to creative energy

cuthbert

I am so happy to read this news!

This site has been life-changing for me as well - it (and the silver box) motivated me to begin recording again. I am so glad to see songcrafters will go on.

Thank you, thank you, thank you Mike, Jim, and 64G. Also thank you Ted & Tony for stepping up, and Pedro for starting it all.
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase

launched

Quote from: cuthbert on March 02, 2010, 10:27:33 AMThis site has been life-changing for me as well - it (and the silver box) motivated me to begin recording again. I am so glad to see songcrafters will go on.

The Boss Micro BR device is a motivator within itself, Cuth! It definitely deserved an honorable mention, and maybe even a small shrine where we can throw Slim Jims and animal sacrifices to it...
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover