I saw Burton Cummings / Go Canada go!

Started by Gritter, February 26, 2010, 12:58:01 PM

Gritter

I just had to share that I saw Burton Cummings after an Olympic medal ceremony and he absolutely rocked the house (no easy feat being BC Place stadium)...I wouldn't say I'm a fan, though The Guess Who were the first great Canadian band to make a splash Stateside. It was so much fun, I knew every song from No Sugar Tonight to Bus Rider to These Eyes to American Woman...and loved every minute. My daughter, my wife, my mum, my mother-in-law and my cousin all went together and to see my 81 year old mum rocking out to the 62 year old Canadian icon was the best. Canada also was presented with a gold and silver medal in bobsleigh (via satelite from Whistler) and a silver in speedskating...so we got to sing our national anthem...between our athletes and Burton I have never been so proud to be Canadian! I'm gushing and going to the semi-final hockey game tonight - Canada vs Slovakia!!!!! I'm turning red with excitement and my nipples are the shapes of maple leaves.

Just had to release these emotions I'm feeling...thanks.

Oldrottenhead

all this excitement sandy watch yer hat disnae fall off, have a good one tonight.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Bluesberry

What amazes me about Burton cummings is his voice is as strong and good as ever.  The dude is an amazing singer and would blow many an young rocker off the stage.  His is impressive at his age.

Have fun at the hockey game Sandy, I will be watching on the tube tonight.  Wear something very outrageous so you get on camera and we all can see ya. 

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Gritter

Quote from: Bluesberry on February 26, 2010, 01:22:00 PMWhat amazes me about Burton cummings is his voice is as strong and good as ever.  The dude is an amazing singer and would blow many an young rocker off the stage.  His is impressive at his age.

Have fun at the hockey game Sandy, I will be watching on the tube tonight.  Wear something very outrageous so you get on camera and we all can see ya. 

I will be dawning a Canada flag cape and retro team Canada ball cap (I got free in a pub a few years back) remember this leaf Dave:

My buddy beside me will be in a 2010 Red Iginla jersey. There will be $8 beers in our hands.

Bluesberry

Quote from: Gritter on February 26, 2010, 01:30:30 PMThere will be $8 beers in our hands.

LOL,  Too bad the beer proceeds doesn't go directly to the athletes hu.

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Satchwood

....oh and party like the Canadian Hockey Women's team :)
www.reverbnation.com/Satchwood
www.myspace.com/Satchwood
www.soundclick.com/Satchwood

"Sometimes It's Not How Fast You Move, But How Soon You Get There" - Bruce Lee

Tools: Kramer Strat, LP Deluxe, Avalon 12-string, Ibanez Bass, Yamaha Keyboard, Micro BR, Riffworks, Line 6 UX2, & a little Ableton & Audacity for grins :~)

Gritter

Quote....oh and party like the Canadian Hockey Women's team

Oh yea! They will probably be at the game!

Bluesberry

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

hank987

You are going to the game? So jealous...have a blast. Have an 8 dollar beer for me!

Gritter

Quote from: Bluesberry on February 26, 2010, 04:23:42 PMBring cigars!!!!!!

I had a "special" cigar tucked in the lining of my canada ball cap for post game celebration. I was so excited after Canada's third goal that I jumped up and waved my hat in the air...I didn't see where it went but it vacated the cap lol. We spent about 10 minutes looking on the ground up and down a few isles after the game to no avail...oh well! We went to a friend's place who lives downtown after the game to continue our celebration and were well taken care of!  ;D

It was a great game Friday but a little nerve racking at the end...so awesome to be a part of. Yesterday's game...the best!

Sandy.