Web Site Costs

Started by henwrench, February 24, 2010, 02:44:25 AM

henwrench

Ok, lets cut to the chase....

How much does it cost to run and maintain this website? Any interested parties need to know how much is to be raised. We need a sponsor. The incredible talent, developing daily, needs this 'home'. Save Our Songcrafters.

henwrench
The job of the artist is to deepen the mystery - Francis Bacon

English by birth, Brummie by the Grace of God

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Ferryman

Don't know, but I am prepared to contribute. I would not want to force everyone to contribute though - I am on another site where some of the members pay to keep the thing going, but not all do.

Cheers,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Oldrottenhead

i know some sites that seem to get by with a paypal donation button but they have thousands of members. i'd be prepared to contribute what i can
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Greeny

It would be interesting to know how Pedro runs things currently (assuming he's allowed / willing to share that information). There's a bit of advertising that appears for guests, but I'm guessing that any revenue agreements of this sort will be based on traffic volume. We're not the biggest community, so I can't see that we would generate enough income from that alone. Or maybe we have to make a choice - i.e. a user-paid site with no advertising, or a free one with more advertising.

I'm still of the opinion that Boss themselves should be willing to contribute or keep this place running. We're a good marketing and evangelizing machine for them, and they're pretty stupid if the don't recognise the value in that. For example, we have a captive audience here of Boss-loyal customers and a fair few units-worth for any MBR upgrades etc. Not sure how we'd approach them, but we should. I could certainly put the words together to formulate a good brand argument. Hell, it's my day job! Or maybe there are other third-party alliances we could explore with Tascam, Zoom etc. Just a thought.

Oldrottenhead

we must have generated roland a fare bit of business, i wouldnt have spent just short of £500 on my roland juno di if it wasnt for this site.
bugger it i'm gonna mail them.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Oldrottenhead

i sent the following to their uk customer service department.

not sure who to contact. i have had a boss micro br for a few years now and i love it. as a result of buying my mbr , i joined a forum called microrecorders.org that was dedicated to teaching users how to get the best from theor micro brs, it then became bossbr.org to ake in all the different models recently it became www.songcrafters.org as the forum developed into a collaborative board for songwriters and musicians the world over. as a result of joining this site i rently purchased a juno di which i also love.
i also know of many members who have purchased your products as a direct result of using this site, the majority of members own at least one model in the br range.
so to the crunch, the person who runs the site is giving it up due tost time etc and is hoping to pass the torch onto members, there will be costs involved in maintaining the site whether that is through private members contributions, subscriptions, advertising sponsorship or whatever i dont know.
so what i am asking is who should i contact to find out if roland boss are willing to sponsor this site . i include a quote from one of our members
"I'm still of the opinion that Boss themselves should be willing to contribute or keep this place running. We're a good marketing and evangelizing machine for them, and they're pretty stupid if the don't recognise the value in that. For example, we have a captive audience here of Boss-loyal customers and a fair few units-worth for any MBR upgrades etc. Not sure how we'd approach them, but we should."

any support would be greatly appreciated.

james higgins
aka
oldrottenhead
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
- Robert Schumann

Oldrottenhead

sorry for the typos thats the way they got it should have spellchecked it.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
- Robert Schumann

Tangled Wires

Well, you can count me in as a contributor if it means keeping this wonderful site alive.

Be interesting to see what response you get to your e-mail Jim.

recorder
Boss Micro BR

cuthbert

Count me in for a penny, in for a pound... :)
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase

64Guitars

Thanks for everyone's support. I have an idea in mind for a very feasible sponsor (not Roland, though I'd be happy if they offered to sponsor us). I'll give you more details after I've contacted the potential sponsor and find out if they're interested.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website