Theory Of A Nickel Creed

Started by antisocialworker, February 23, 2010, 08:11:44 PM

IanR

Fantastic sound

It was giving me flashbacks to my pubrock days from the 80s.

Also reminded my of a US rocker called Tommy Keene.  If you don't know him, look him up on youtube.

good stuff.

Ian

recorder
PreSonus Studio 1824
recorder
PreSonus FaderPort 8
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

Ferryman

More great riffs and heavy guitar work. Several really nice changes in this that keep it interesting. Would love to hear some vox on this.

Cheers,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Gnasty

Wow you have some great tone and wicked riffs going on there Anti..What gear do you use?

Theory of a Nickel Creed? That`s hilarious. Did you want someone to sing like them. I call those singers marshmallow singers. Scott Stapp is the worst for that. I wonder who has the record for most marshmallows in their mouth while singing now?
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Cubase
recorder
Audacity

antisocialworker

hahaa im weak, marshmallow singers...
There is a change in this song that reminded me of one of those bands, just couldnt remember which one...

antisocialworker

I used a program called "Riffworks"
best program I've ever used, it came with another program called "gearbox"
where you can search for tones from your fav bands, or start from scratch and make up your own tone using a ca-billion effects. they have a collaboration like no other, you can
join a room and add "live"
heres a link to the tutorial http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5qBwwyVMW2E&feature=related
you can buy it online or at any music store, although if you buy online you need a guitar port to plug your guitar into the computer

Gritter

This is awesome and way better than the bands it's named after! I hear a riff that sounds like the intro on the Clash's version of Police on My Back...as a matter of fact it sounds like the Clash all around! That's probably why I like it so much!

Please don't let anyone add marshmallow singing to this. I blame Eddie Vedder and Hootie (Darius whatever now gone country) for the marshmallow trend that has, unfortunately, yet to die.

antisocialworker

thanks gritter, I just wanted to say I still listen to here I go (your syd cover)
almost every day, Never hearing that song before, I actually prefer your version
awesome tune man, and thanks for introducing me to pink floyd

Greeny

Monster riffing with a very tuneful heart. This is great. It just needs a good rock singer to add the cherry on top.

Oldrottenhead

with all the goings on recently i nearly forgot it was a music site so missed this. how are you doing asw, been a long time since we collabed

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wIRoyuAXRGE

march 2008 to be precise.

this is great will put it in ma wee silver box and see if anything comes.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Gnasty

The japanese eat whales...LMAO! This is great ORH and ASW! I need some jelly wobbles too.
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Cubase
recorder
Audacity