Songcrafters.org needs a new owner

Started by Pedro, February 23, 2010, 07:30:34 AM

Ferryman

Goodness, been away on a business trip and stuck in France due to a strike and missed all this. All I can say is:

- Pedro, many, many thanks for starting this site and putting so much effort into it. I didn't see your original post and have no idea what prompted your reasons for wanting to shut it down, but whatever your reasons for wanting to move on, I respect them. This must have been a huge commitment for you and I really appreciate it.

- 64G, many thanks for offering to try to move things on. I'm afraid I can't offer any regular help as my work life is so busy and I travel so much I cannot be relied on for any regular support. I will however continue to support any future forum with comments, feedback and some occasional music as well.

- FWIW I would be prepared to contribute financially to any site like this to help keep things going. I would NOT expect everyone to do so btw. I am on another forum (car-related) where some folks choose to pay money to keep it going but not everyone does. Seems to work OK.

Cheers,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

chapperz66

Blimey - I almost missed all this stuff!  As a relative newcomer to this site - and not a particularly prolific poster either (although I do try, honest) - I would have been very sad to see it fold.  I take my hat off to Pedro (and indeed everyone who is/has and will be) involved in making this site the pleasant and informative place to visit that I have found it to be.

Paul Chapman

AndyR

Crumbs!

I'm not as active as I was something like a year ago - I just don't have the time at the moment to make any recordings, and, well, if I ain't got no toons, then I kinda feel like I've got nothing to say... so I lurk on here... and occasionally post.

I've only just seen this (and didn't see the original announcement).

I'd like to add my thanks to Pedro and 64 G - and to all the members - for the effort put in to this place.

Sounds like we might be sticking together. I'll keep watching to see what happens... I might not be that active at the moment on the music front, but I will be again, and this is a fantastic outlet for it.

Andrew
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

(Studio 68c 6x6)
   All that I need
Is just a piece of paper
To say a few lines
Make up my mind
So she can read it later
When I'm gone

- BRM Gibb

AndyR is on

The Shoebox Demos Vol 1
FAWM 2022 Demos
Remasters Vol 1

Frank53

I haven't been on this site very long either, but I've met some great people here. I'm glad to hear that the doors will not close. Thanks Pedro, for creating this site, and for allowing it to go forward; and 64 for volunteering to carry on. I don't have the time or expertise, but I hope you find the help you need to keep it afloat.

Frank
There are only three kinds of drummers. Those who can count, and those who can't.

I have not posted much, but have been reading this site every day for a long while.  I feel like I know everyone from reading all of the posts.

I am also saddened to hear this news. 

I do want to say thanks to everyone for their help when I've had questions, and for sharing their music. 

I've been playing acoustic guitar and 5 string banjo for 35 yrs and keep pretty busy working and playing gigs so I haven't posted any songs.  But I do listen to most everything you all post.

If it turns out that it's a money thing, I would be more than happy to contribute. 

Thanks to Pedro and 64 for all of the time they have put in, and for the great info.

Steve

Satchwood

To Pedro, 64Guitars, TonyW, and all of my Friends here at Songcrafters,

Thank you Pedro for reconsidering passing the torch!  And also thank you to 64Guitars for accepting and hopefully succeeding at continuing the life of our community and music family!  Let us know where we can help if need be.  A big thanks to TonyW for stepping up and working an alternate site when this site was down and possibly out!  That amazes me!

After all, this was the very first music site that I've ever posted at, so all of you have become like family to me and have helped me to grow musically and technically.  I've even shared personal things with many of you, so this really became a second home for me.

So, thank you all for your comadre/companionship and another big thanks again to Pedro who had the dream to start this very successful community of musicians and friends and another big thanks to 64Guitars again as well for all the technical/training support that has helped me and others learn the in's-and-out's of recording and working the Boss recorders!

Sincerely,
Tommy..

www.reverbnation.com/Satchwood
www.myspace.com/Satchwood
www.soundclick.com/Satchwood

"Sometimes It's Not How Fast You Move, But How Soon You Get There" - Bruce Lee

Tools: Kramer Strat, LP Deluxe, Avalon 12-string, Ibanez Bass, Yamaha Keyboard, Micro BR, Riffworks, Line 6 UX2, & a little Ableton & Audacity for grins :~)

Gary F

THANK YOU PEDRO for reconsidering !!!!!!
THANK YOU 64 Guitars for stepping up to the plate !!!!
And thanks in advance to whoever else joins the the management group!!
Like some others have already said,I to ,do not have the expertise to be part of the group .But would be willing to offer some financial support if needed to keep this wonderful community together!!!

AGAIN MANY THANKS !!!!!

Gary

Maverick31

Thanks Pedro!! I really hope this works out!
"If I can't be my own, I'd feel better dead."
-Layne Staley

OsCKilO

Post From Greeny...
QuoteI don't think Pedro realises the effect he's had on our lives, and the happiness he brought through teaching us how to use the MBR and giving us a place to grow as musicians and as a community. For that, I'll always be grateful. Seriously... this place changed my life.

Ditto...

Pedro...

You have changed mine as well...So Much you May never know... Simply By creating this Utopia..

As For funding.....  I Am Prepared to contribute to Funding This dream (and it has been... The Best Of dreams)......

I would Busk To find the funds If I was Short of making this contribution.....Just to keep this place Going...

You have touched many Lives My friend....... Even if it wasn't your intention when you started.... It is Now the Case....

You are AWESOME!

Thank you

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR
OsCKilO websites:  weebly.com  MySpace  SoundClick  ReverbNation
OsCKilO Albums:  "Masks"  "Easy London"

Also on Twitter for Live stuff..
Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to creative energy

Oldrottenhead

whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann