Songcrafters.org needs a new owner

Started by Pedro, February 23, 2010, 07:30:34 AM

Torren61

Damn, I was gonna run for leader.  Then I would have you all bring me tribute... such as bananas.  Also, you would have had to build me a throne and bring me virgins.  Not dude virgins either.  The good kind.

Rata-tat-tat

Ok guys... you may have seen my post up momentarily not knowing that Pedro had replied... I just learned this thread was here today. This thread made me feel as if I had been kicked in the nuts... and they were attached to my heart. I am soooo glad you made this decision Pedro. I do appreciate everything you have done to create this wonderful community and keep it maintained. Guys... I don't have much free time... but if there is something that I can do to help maintain this site I will gladly make some sacrifice. Thinking back to early days of my BR experience... Which is almost ready to traded in for a new one.... I can remember not knowing what the heck a virtual track was. Don't get me started with bouncing and mastering. Long story short this community has pulled me through some very bad times and somehow taught this old dog some new tricks. Pedro you introduced me to the BR through your "Bitchin Videos'. Without this support I probably would have spent the rest of my musical career playin in tired old bars with no inspiration. Everytime I visit this board I'm inspired to try something a little different than my norm... I also boast to every one of my musician buddies to join in. I hope they will some day and I hope this sight continues to work the same magic for them... as it did for me.

Very Respectfully

Tod
recorder
Tascam DP-02

Pedro

Quote from: Ted on February 23, 2010, 08:15:12 PM
Quote from: admin on February 23, 2010, 07:43:54 PMLet me know what you think.

I think that's wonderful.

I throw my hat in the ring to be part of a group to take control of the site.

Pedro: Wouldn't it be easier to transfer control of the hosting account, rather than have to download all the data, and upload it to a new host?  There would be no downtime if it were done this way.

The problem with that is the hosting account has personal information that can't be deleted and I want to keep private. Hope you understand.

Tony W

Pedro, I think We've got a viable solution in the making.

Ladies and gents It appears the fire department has shown up in time. WE WILL HAVE A HOME!

I don't want to keep everyone in the dark, but until we settle on a course of action We'll be playing this close to the hip as to not cause anymore knee jerk reactions.

And to be fair, People took this hard and everyone deals with it in a different way.

** I suggest we all reserve judgment on both the announcement to close the site, and the reactions to the news, then the decision to keep the site going**

This is human nature at its finest and worst.

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss BR-80

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Oldrottenhead

i dont know what to say other than i dont know what to say. just gonna shut up and gather my thoughts
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Greeny

There must be something in the air. My gf's favourite forum that she'd been participating in for 4+ years decided to close this week (without warning). There were 85,000 members on that, and like this place, it went beyond online discussion into very real friendships, support and discussions.

It would be a terrible thing to see this site go. Whilst we could theoretically start anew someplace else, it would never be the same. For me, there was a real golden age on this site about a year ago, and I'm glad I was around to see it. I think we had the right number of people on here, and everyone was equally creative and supportive - a very important balance. Forums like this rely on people who give as much as they take, and we've recently seen quite a lot of people happy to post songs and expect a review, but are slightly less keen to listen and comment on other people's.

I'm rambling now. Out of shock and sadness.

I hope there's a resolution.

We've always needed 64 guitars, but never as much as we do now. Lead us out of the darkness!!!!

I don't think Pedro realises the effect he's had on our lives, and the happiness he brought through teaching us how to use the MBR and giving us a place to grow as musicians and as a community. For that, I'll always be grateful. Seriously... this place changed my life. For staters, there would be no Jemima's Kite, and I can't imagine not being a part of that beautiful collaboration with James and Mike now. And all the other great people I've collaborated with... Bluesberry, 48, Hooper, 64guitars, Ronniejm, Ronnie Hucks, Prive, Covermark, to name but a few.

Shit.

Let's go down the pub!

Oldrottenhead

whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Greeny

Triple JD and coke, lol. Sorry... couldn't take your call as I'm sat at a desk in an open plan office, pretending to work!

Oldrottenhead

whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
- Robert Schumann