the music will go on...

maybe not here, but it will go on.

mr2kewl at hotmail dot com

aka Mark R. Stewart

peace

8)

thanks tony

shout if you need any assistance
"Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted" Bill Laswell         "Jazz is not dead, it just smells funny" Frank Zappa

wandering aimlessly around as: Mr2Kewl - The Kewl Trio - Mr2Kewl Quartet and The Total Chaos Orchestra

Tony W

mark, you might want to edit your email address Like Flash did

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss BR-80

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Gnasty

I know i havent been on long joining in the summer,and being too busy to post till a couple months ago. My personal life is very busy. I have my business, and take care my kid. Life can be hectic. In reading these comments again, i have to say that this IS a travesty, but i accept everything you`ve done here Pedro. Of course we all want you to reconsider, but we also hope everything is okay in your personal life. That`s what matters most.

PeAce
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Cubase
recorder
Audacity

Saijinn Maas

Okay... Home from work now and even more calm than I was earlier.

One thing I saw hinted on, and something my wife brought up, is that I do hope everything is alright with you Pedro. First and foremost... I know how it is when things suddenly come up and certain decisions need to be made, and that they need to happen as soon as possible. So, if this due to something serious, then please take care of yourself. 

If not, I do hope you reconsider letting someone else take over. I am under the impression that there would be no shortage of willing takers of the community that you started.

I would also like to thank 64g, who I neglected in my earlier short-sighted posts. Although I haven't had a lot of personal exchanges with you, your answers to questions, and discussions on how to use the recorders was ultimately what prompted me to buy and MBR, and now a br600, as well as join this site. Best wishes.

Torren61

25 cents says he's not reading these posts.  Best thing is to take the news with dignity and move on to another collab site or start your own.  Thanks to everyone who has been so nice to me.  Thanks to admin for this site while it lasted. 

BTW, any site who doesn't want "rift raft" (it's actually "riffraff") is a site where I don't want to be anyway.

RIFFRAFF:
noun
this government considers its citizens riffraff and is quick to silence the mere whispers of dissent rabble, scum, good-for-nothings, undesirables, lowlifes, hoi polloi, the lowest of the low; informal peasants. antonym elite.

Pedro

After reading all of the posts here, some really unfair that made me feel sad, I realized that it is an envious decision to kill this website. I really didn't understand the level of connection to this community. Therefore, I will do the following:

I will pass the community, all the website content forum, portal, MP3's, everything, around 15GB of data, to a group organized by you. I believe there should be some organization in this group. This group should have a leader.  I will give the leader, FTP access to the folder that contains all the data. He will then have to download all the forum's content to his PC. Something that should take around 12 hours or more.

The domain songcrafters.org is registered with Name.com, the group will have to create an account there (free) and I will transfer the domain to that account.

After the data is downloaded and the domain is transfered, the group will have the full responsibility to do the rest, such has buy, manage, upload the data and configure the hosting account and domain configuration. My only conditions are:

• The future group of owners should honour the original community and don't turn it into for profit organization.
  • The leader of the group is 64Guitars.

You are free to make changes in the original design and script if you which, as long as it respects the first condition.

Final thoughts, everything is alright with me, maybe I was a bit too quick when thinking this over.

I don't want to put pressure on 64Guitars with my condition of him being the leader, the reason for choosing him is based on trust, respect and ease of the whole transfering problem (he already has access to the server). Obviously, the group will have to share the financial and maintenance burden.

If no solution is found, the website will have to be closed.

Let me know what you think.

Blooby

Pedro, I presume to say for all of us how much we appreciate your efforts (and now your open mind).

Blooby

Ted

Quote from: admin on February 23, 2010, 07:43:54 PMLet me know what you think.

I think that's wonderful.

I throw my hat in the ring to be part of a group to take control of the site.

Pedro: Wouldn't it be easier to transfer control of the hosting account, rather than have to download all the data, and upload it to a new host?  There would be no downtime if it were done this way.
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac

launched

I expected that you had some feelings that needed to be sorted out, Pedro. Hence the reason why I found the overall reaction to your decision distasteful. A man needs to get his thoughts together.

I'm very pleased that you are willing to allow the forum to continue. Thank you so much, and it means a lot to all of us.

Mark
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

64Guitars

Thank you, Pedro. That's very kind of you. I would be happy to lead the group and manage and maintain this wonderful site that you've created.

But I'll need help. First of all, I'm not a business-oriented person and I have no interest in becoming one. So, I'll need a volunteer to take on the responsibility of acquiring a web host, making sure the bills are paid, and dealing with the web host provider when necessary. I have an idea or two on how we might get a sponsor to pay for the host services, so it might not be necessary for the members to pay for it. But, if it is, I don't want to have to deal with collecting member payments or donations and paying the hosting provider.

Also, I'm finding it increasingly difficult to read all of the posts. Yet, I feel that it's necessary in order to moderate properly. Therefore, I'd like some volunteers to help with moderation.

I agree with you that the site should never be a for-profit venture. That's why I'd prefer to get a sponsor to pay for the host services, if possible, rather than collect money from members.

Thanks once again for making this site the success it is today and for giving us the opportunity to keep it alive.

And don't be offended by the unfair comments that were posted. I'm sure they were made out of frustration and shock over the news of the site closing. When people calm down, I'm sure they'll regret their unfair comments and realize how much they owe you for making this site possible.

I wish you all the best my friend.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website