Songcrafters.org needs a new owner

Started by Pedro, February 23, 2010, 07:30:34 AM

Oldrottenhead

decisions can be changed wiley, i wouldnt call our responses whining, some of us are sad some are angry, and we respond appropriately to how we are feeling at the time but at the heart of things no one but pedro knows why he is closing the site so without that knowledge i cant make any judgements on pedro.

i am sure he is or will be reading every post on this thread and i imagine most likely will be surprised at the reaction.

many a time i have seen guys say it's my ball and i'm not playing anymore only to change there mind when their friends say aw c'mon.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Jim1970

Feels Like I am Losing a bunch of Family Members!!

JIM from Jersey
Now on SoundClick and Reverbnation
http://members.soundclick.com/jmarciniec1970
http://www.reverbnation.com/jamesmarciniec
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Gary F

I have not been a member here very long but,I feel as if I am loosing a family of friends!!!!
I had not played guitar much in over 25 years,this site was largely responsible for my renewed interest in playing again.I viewed the site for many months before joining,and felt as if I had come to know many of the members personally that is why I became a member.I have never met a better group of people!!!!!
  Pedro thank you for giving me the opportunity to be a small part of something bigger than all of us!
PLEASE reconsider or at least pass the torch to someone else!!! This is not just our hobby, it's our
family !!!
 Thank you also 64 Guitars for all of your hard work !!!

Gary

Satchwood

I can't believe how this site/forum/community can possibly belong to one and only one person.... is this site hosted from Pedro's personal computer system or something?

What is the RUSH to close this community down? 

What is the RUSH to break up a family?

bewildered.........
www.reverbnation.com/Satchwood
www.myspace.com/Satchwood
www.soundclick.com/Satchwood

"Sometimes It's Not How Fast You Move, But How Soon You Get There" - Bruce Lee

Tools: Kramer Strat, LP Deluxe, Avalon 12-string, Ibanez Bass, Yamaha Keyboard, Micro BR, Riffworks, Line 6 UX2, & a little Ableton & Audacity for grins :~)

Gnasty

Yeah i feel the way satch said earlier. Like someone just died and we`re going to the miss the wake and funeral. Pedro? You say you are shutting down because you have no time. It seems as though you put alot of time into this. This is an awesome site that is easy to figure out. Why divebomb the whole thing. If the guy who created Walmart who started from scratch did that his family wouldn`t have nothing. Okay bad example but you get my drift.

REconsider!!  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Cubase
recorder
Audacity

pjd1

Hi Chaps have looked at most off the posts on the closure of this site couple of questions i would like to know

1 How much money does it take to run
2 How much time does it take for the Admin person to Run it
3 Surley the admin does not have all the rights to the site ,,we have personnel details here and of course our music ..and i must say quite a bit of time involved with answering people in posts , and i am only a relative newbie !!!
I have no concept on how to run a site and what it takes personally , so i,m not in a position to critise something i dont know about ,

Seems a bit sudden maybe he has some other concerns we dont know about

Paul   

recorder
Boss BR-800

Cheers
Happiness is a warm ES 335, Boss BR800, Tascam dp 24 , Boss Micro , Fender Strat 70s original, Line 6 classical modeling guitar, yamaha ps 125 keyboard. Hohner Bass guitar.

recorder
Tascam DP-24

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-8

rvincent55

Wow...having just joined the site, i don't have nearly the sense of loss that the "pioneers" here do...but this was a great discovery, and it will be missed!

That said...I have been a long standing member of the Tascam forums, and when they went through a period of similar upheaval, there were members that contributed their time to take some of the workload, and every member was asked to pay a small membership fee to help offset the expense of hosting. The overwhelming majority of us were glad to pitch in and help keep the community alive. I joined them 5 years ago, when I first got my Tascam 2488, and it was an extraordinary help for me to learn the nuances of this DAW. Now, I'm paying back...I'm one of the guys that pops in daily to try and offer answers and help to the folks that are just getting into home recording with the 2488 family.

I can only hope that a similar scenario will play out here, and the torch will be passed to others to bear. I, for one, would gladly pony up a membership fee to help offset the expense.

Fingers crossed!
The future isn't what it used to be...

Blooby

Frankly, if I were Pedro and read some of the venom being spit right now, I wouldn't even consider an option.  There's some real ugliness manifesting itself with a handful of members.

I suggest a deep breath before we hear back from Pedro.  If he decides to fold the tent, so be it.  Let's be thankful for what the site represented and either move on or come up with an alternative, rather than berating the person who brought us together in the first place.

Blooby (Bruce Johnson bdj321 at hotmail.com)

Wiley

Your absolutely right Blooby I think every one is just in shock.  Myself very much included!! And I admit I have said a few things in bad taste also.  I have calmed down some now.  Guess we will wait and see what happens.
PJ
P.S.  My brothers name is Bruce Johnson how weird is that?

henwrench

Quote from: Wiley on February 23, 2010, 01:18:11 PMP.S.  My brothers name is Bruce Johnson how weird is that?

I'm gonna miss this place so much.  :( :( :'( :'(

henwrench

The job of the artist is to deepen the mystery - Francis Bacon

English by birth, Brummie by the Grace of God

recorder
Boss Micro BR