Songcrafters.org needs a new owner

Started by Pedro, February 23, 2010, 07:30:34 AM

OsCKilO

This is a Community......

It doesn't belong to just one person....

Everyone here has made this place what it is....

We have always been appreciative  of your efforts Pedro....

There is a social duty to be considered regarding this site.
If you close it, without giving a chance to another person to let it continue, you will have Hurt a Lot of people.

Or...

Let More of us Help you Carry the Burden....
You Are not Alone Friend...

If ou Need Help, there are Many people here that will assist....

Just let us Know...

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR
OsCKilO websites:  weebly.com  MySpace  SoundClick  ReverbNation
OsCKilO Albums:  "Masks"  "Easy London"

Also on Twitter for Live stuff..
Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to creative energy

Satchwood

Good thing we don't know where you live Pedro, you'd have a gang of storming musicians playing LIVE on your doorstep.

If all you wanted was a live concert at your place, you could have just asked...............
www.reverbnation.com/Satchwood
www.myspace.com/Satchwood
www.soundclick.com/Satchwood

"Sometimes It's Not How Fast You Move, But How Soon You Get There" - Bruce Lee

Tools: Kramer Strat, LP Deluxe, Avalon 12-string, Ibanez Bass, Yamaha Keyboard, Micro BR, Riffworks, Line 6 UX2, & a little Ableton & Audacity for grins :~)

Vanncad

Damn  :'(

This bums me out too. But I think I understand.

I find it hard enough just listening and commenting on people's stuff. I can't imagine having to make sure it all functions properly. And to do it voluntarily!! - Pedro, you (and 64 G) have my respect!

Pedro, I don't know you personally, but you've certainly helped make...
  • a lot of music store owners happy
  • a lot of wives and girlfriends jealous
  • a lot of neighbours angry

... but most of all, your site has helped make a lot of musicians more confident in their art, and that is something that only they can shut down.

Thanks for everything!

Hope the site somehow keeps going. Too many good people here.

It ain't pretty being easy.

Okay to Cover

Gritter

Unbelievable...I don't get it.
Sadness.

This site is so great...thanks Pedro and 64G, it has helped me get a lot of my shit together and become a more confident musician. But it's not just what it's done for me as a musician and songwriter but as a fan of music and as a member of a community...we've all made friends here. We all love to get comments on our music but moreover, I've always felt that I and the entire community love to hear new music and to comment and support each other. Last night I was thinking to myself that not only is there amazing music here but there are also some really great music reviewers that put a lot of thought into what is written in their comments. The diverse music tastes and knowledge is irreplaceable.

Please reconsider.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6SUU2Wysujw

Jim1970

Sorry to see this site go!!
Its the End of an ERA!

JIM from Jersey
Now on SoundClick and Reverbnation
http://members.soundclick.com/jmarciniec1970
http://www.reverbnation.com/jamesmarciniec
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

henwrench

This news has absolutely shattered me. I feel as though I've made many good friends here. Not everyone sees eye to eye all the time, but out of it has only come good things. So now we are to be scattered to all four corners of the globe. I'm gutted. I'm horrified. I'm lost. Before I stumbled across this site I had very little confidence in what I was doing and absolutely no outlet for my 'songs'. The wonderful people here built me up and drove me on to write more. And I did. Hell, I even did a couple of cover versions for the Unplugged Fest  :o. But all for nothing, like it was some kind of cruel joke. I'm angry, almost. I've nearly finished a new song, but whats the fucking point in finishing it now? I've no one to share it with, no reason to 'give'. I'm actually on the verge of tears as I type this. Thanks a fucking lot.

henwrench
The job of the artist is to deepen the mystery - Francis Bacon

English by birth, Brummie by the Grace of God

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Ted

This is the most bewildering decision.

I could understand selling out and trying to make money off the site.
I could understand burning out and putting it up for adoption.
I could understand auctioning off the site and all it's assets to the highest bidder.

I do understand why it would seem (to Saijinn and others) like "a big 'fuck you' to everyone here."  I don't want to go that far, but, Pedro, your explanation is utterly unsatisfying.

If you were pissed off a some or all of us and wanted to retaliate, well that explanation would make sense--albeit petulant, selfish, and immature. I respect you too much to believe it.

The best explanation I can grasp for is that you have pride of ownership, and couldn't bear to see the site in the hands of someone else. If that's the case, turn over operations--including the cost--to someone else, and you can stay on as the titular owner, and arbiter.

The second best explanation is that you were drunk when you posted this topic, and you'll give us all an apology after you sleep it off.
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac

Gritter

Quote from: Tony W on February 23, 2010, 10:19:50 AM
QuoteI have no intention of releasing the website to anyone for continuation, I feel this website in a very personal way and have lost countless hours working on it.

We've all spent more than our fair share of time on this site. If you would reconsider this, then I'd be willing to take over the site. You're not just packing up your efforts, you're killing the efforts of a lot of faithful members.

PASS THE TORCH please.

Tangled Wires

I can't really add any more than has already been said on the subject

GUTTED!!!!

I would be happy to pay an monthly or annual subscription if it helps to keep the site alive?

This site was the making of Tangled Wires, and without the help and support of everyone on here we would not be making the music we are today.

Going to really miss everyone on here if the inevitable does happen.

Andrew

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Wiley

If you all think back!! Everytime Pedro has posted something and asked for opinions.  It did no good!  Very little was listened to and I rather doubt all our whining in the world will make a difference now. He has made his decision right or wrong!  So we will all have to live by it.