Songcrafters.org needs a new owner

Started by Pedro, February 23, 2010, 07:30:34 AM

Satchwood

I really don't understand Pedro....something serious must have happened? 

He makes a pretty big deal about wanting to change the forum, build it even bigger, and then, not even 2 months later says he shutting it down in a week...............i think that's really sad man.......

I'm bummed out BIG time..........................

this SUX

www.reverbnation.com/Satchwood
www.myspace.com/Satchwood
www.soundclick.com/Satchwood

"Sometimes It's Not How Fast You Move, But How Soon You Get There" - Bruce Lee

Tools: Kramer Strat, LP Deluxe, Avalon 12-string, Ibanez Bass, Yamaha Keyboard, Micro BR, Riffworks, Line 6 UX2, & a little Ableton & Audacity for grins :~)

Tony W

This sums it up
Time:
0:00
Volume:

found here:

All That Is Left

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss BR-80

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Satchwood

This song means a hell-uv-a lot more to me now......... 

This site closing feels like an impending death or something.........freaking sad folks.....

when we are gone
what will remain
to show we where here
will we be recalled
or forgotten and lost .......................Jim Higgins

Tools: Kramer Strat, LP Deluxe, Avalon 12-string, Ibanez Bass, Yamaha Keyboard, Micro BR, Riffworks, Line 6 UX2, & a little Ableton & Audacity for grins :~)

Blooby

Quote from: Flash Harry on February 23, 2010, 07:46:53 AMBugger.

Well put. 

Having said that, I can't tell you how much I appreciate you and all you've done, Pedro.  Best of luck in all future endeavors.

Blooby

SteveB

Admin - Obviously this is sad news indeed. It's to be hoped that there are PMs going back and forth between parties trying to salvage something from the situation. As others have said, and to which I fully concur, this has been a very special place indeed, with an atmosphere than I for one haven't found replicated anywhere else on the music Internet.

A thought: Is it possible to send an email to All members? Some may be away and will be unaware of the impending closure. For instance I haven't seen much of Diego or Pinedog lately.
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR

https://soundcloud.com/stevebon

OsCKilO

Please Consider Handing the Batton on to Someone else....

There are a Lot of people that put thier heart and Soul into this site.

It would lack compassion to Kill it, if there are people willing to take it over...

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR
OsCKilO websites:  weebly.com  MySpace  SoundClick  ReverbNation
OsCKilO Albums:  "Masks"  "Easy London"

Also on Twitter for Live stuff..
Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to creative energy

Satchwood

Quote from: OsCKilO on February 23, 2010, 09:57:09 AMPlease Consider Handing the Batton on to Someone else....

There are a Lot of people that put thier heart and Soul into this site.

It would lack compassion to Kill it, if there are people willing to take it over...

I concur 100% - well said T!!! 

The thought of "EVERYTHING" being deleted in a week does sound uncompassionate considering how much heart & soul, life & passion, and experiential emotion we put into our music and sharing on this site.

Please reconsider handing the site over to another...

Tony W

QuoteI have no intention of releasing the website to anyone for continuation, I feel this website in a very personal way and have lost countless hours working on it.

We've all spent more than our fair share of time on this site. If you would reconsider this, then I'd be willing to take over the site. You're not just packing up your efforts, you're killing the efforts of a lot of faithful members.

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss BR-80

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Oldrottenhead

Quotewhen we are gone
what will remain
to show we where here
will we be recalled
or forgotten and lost .......................Jim Higgins
when i wrote this i was thinking that after im gone at least there will be my words and music but i never thought of this now like a lot of songs it holds an unexpected meaning

here is another song i find apt its called familiar noise (got good news today it might get airplay on the radio but that news was negated by the news here) the music was written by dave sickler in response to the demise of the band he was in also called familiar noise. so i wrote a lyric informed by this info. dave posted it online at our dead divans jam soundclick page two days later the song took on a whole new meaning and poignancy when daves father passed away.
the refrain goes "you wont be hearing that old familiar noise" nuff said. here it is.

[soundclick]8261644[/soundclick]
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Saijinn Maas

QuoteI have no intention of releasing the website to anyone for continuation, I feel this website in a very personal way and have lost countless hours working on it.

What an utterly selfish thing to do... This is just as much OUR site as it is yours. Not allowing someone else to take over, is basically a big "fuck you" to every one here.

Letting emotion speak before thinking... Sorry Pedro...