Tony W

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss BR-80

recorder
Boss Micro BR

OsCKilO

Quote from: oldrottenhead on February 24, 2010, 05:43:46 PMpost some boobs for pedro

I Know these have been Posted before....

But...

I Typed in "Boobs of Change" Into Google images....

Got these....

The Most Sublime I have ever posted....

Every last dew drop..... :o

For you Pedro.... ;)
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR
OsCKilO websites:  weebly.com  MySpace  SoundClick  ReverbNation
OsCKilO Albums:  "Masks"  "Easy London"

Also on Twitter for Live stuff..
Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to creative energy

OsCKilO

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR
OsCKilO websites:  weebly.com  MySpace  SoundClick  ReverbNation
OsCKilO Albums:  "Masks"  "Easy London"

Also on Twitter for Live stuff..
Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to creative energy

Rolow

Many thanks Pedro!   You did a great job.

Best wishes for all your future undertakings.
Let it be known, there is a fountain, that was not made, by the hands of men.

Bosko Schwartz

Wow ... :o :o :o

There was a time period in 2009 of maybe 8 or so months in which I grew exponentially as a musician and perhaps even as a person, thanks to this esteemed Forum and its loyal members.  I was able to listen to some of the best music I've ever heard in my life, create real friendships and musical bonds within and outside the "walls" of the Forum, and most importantly for me, I gained a musical confidence I never realized I had within me, all thanks to the genuine appreciation and encouragement of many here that I now consider to be my friends.  It was because of this amazing out-pouring of support that I completely turned around my entire philosophy about what music is and should be to my life.  I made a complete 180-degree turnaround from thinking that music is nothing more than a throw-away hobby to something I am going to put every ounce of my soul into in an attempt (albeit most likely futile, if I am to think realistically) to make music for a living.  That is a major life-changing event, people.  And it's all because of Songcrafters.org, or as I still think of it, BossBR.net.  I cannot thank everyone enough, but mostly Pedro, for bringing all of these incredibly talented musicians together and changing many of our lives for the better.

I'm sure many of the more recent members have no idea who this "Bosko Schwartz" cat even is, because due to the aforementioned change in musical philosophy, I haven't had the time to post anything significant in a good 4 months or so.  I find it humorous and ironic that the reason I don't have time to hang around the Forum anymore is because of the Forum itself! :)  Well, that and family and the day-job, of course.  I do want to apologize for my absence during this time.  Musically, I am still but a single-celled microorganism in a vast sea of corporate bullshit, and trying to get my music out there is exciting, energizing, frustrating, and humbling all at the same time.  It sometimes seems like it's desperate and all for naught, but my point is that the process of creating a full-length album from scratch, releasing it worldwide, and trying to market and promote it has taken more time than I ever thought.  And now that I am attempting to start playing live as well, a whole new bomb has been dropped, soaking up every last drop of free time I once had.  So I hope those who know me remember that there was once a time that I contributed wholeheartedly to the Forum, and I hope you understand why I have been so distant recently.  Ah, let's cut to the chase, here -- I just hope you don't think I'm a selfish bastard because I no longer post music or comment on others' tunes like I used to spend hours each day doing! ;D  It was a very tough realization I came to soon after my philosophy change that with what I am attempting to do with my music, sacrifices will have to be made; well, they have been made, and one of the hardest things -- probably THE hardest -- to "give up" was this Forum.

The main reason for this post is to thank Pedro for this website because it truly did change my life, and I know of many other fine musicians whose lives were also changed because of it.  I also thank you, Pedro, for re-considering shutting down the place, and I thank you, 64Guitars, for the outstanding job you have done as Global Moderator and for agreeing to lead the Forum so that it does not disappear into a void of cyberspace.  Lastly, I just want to thank everyone here at the Forum who have contributed to changing my life for the better.  I would list you by name, but I don't want to leave anyone out, and I am sure that you all know who you are.  Anyone who had even an inkling of a nice thing to say about my music contributed to this in some way, and some of you in particular had an extremely large impact.

Thank you everyone, and please forgive my absence from the Forum.
www.myspace.com/thestanlaurels
www.soundclick.com/thestanlaurels
www.facebook.com/thestanlaurels

antisocialworker

Really sad to see this place go, I think everyone who has come here has grown as a musician in someway, This was the place I would come for inspiration. there is alot of talented people here. total bummer.

thank you for everything pedro, if it wasnt for your videos I would still have my BR in the box it came in.
best wishes.

Justin_Case

New arrangements = see below - this is from the 1st page / post that was edited

Quote from: admin on February 23, 2010, 07:30:34 AMEDITED:

After reading all of the posts here, some really unfair that made me feel sad, I realized that it is an envious decision to kill this website. I really didn't understand the level of connection to this community. Therefore, I will do the following:

I will pass the community, all the website content forum, portal, MP3's, everything, around 15GB of data, to a group organized by you. I believe there should be some organization in this group. This group should have a leader.  I will give the leader, FTP access to the folder that contains all the data. He will then have to download all the forum's content to his PC. Something that should take around 12 hours or more.

The domain songcrafters.org is registered with Name.com, the group will have to create an account there (free) and I will transfer the domain to that account.

After the data is downloaded and the domain is transfered, the group will have the full responsibility to do the rest, such has buy, manage, upload the data and configure the hosting account and domain configuration. My only conditions are:

• The future group of owners should honour the original community and don't turn it into for profit organization.
  • The leader of the group is 64Guitars.

You are free to make changes in the original design and script if you which, as long as it respects the first condition.

Final thoughts, everything is alright with me, maybe I was a bit too quick when thinking this over.

I don't want to put pressure on 64Guitars with my condition of him being the leader, the reason for choosing him is based on trust, respect and ease of the whole transfering problem (he already has access to the server). Obviously, the group will have to share the financial and maintenance burden.

Let me know what you think.

antisocialworker

oops must have missed that part...so 64 is carrying the torch now?

Oldrottenhead

i hope that whatever happens to the site in the future , that whoever owns, runs, controls or whatever it is you do to keep this thing going, does it in an impassive, benign and benevolent way, that does not impose their personal, ego, will, rules, demands etc on the members of the forum.

whatever it takes to keep the site going with the spirit in which it has been administered up till now will be a difficult task, so i humbly offer my meagre skills to however takes on the task in assisting them with that aim, should they share that goal.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann