Songcrafters.org needs a new owner

Started by Pedro, February 23, 2010, 07:30:34 AM

lg

I am an addict to this place...
See you all over at the new one.

LG
nothing is real... So theres nothing to get hung about!

The Reverend 48

It's a very Sad Day
Particularly after you made all the changes and revamps

fenderbender

ahhhhhhhhhh jaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
that is bad news -
and just as I became more or less a permanet fixture here--
I learned so much about recording here -and still have lots to learn

regards and respect Pedro for what you have achieved here
thank you
tommy
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss BR-600

Oldrottenhead

QuoteI simply don't have the time, money or motivation to continue this website.
if money is an issue maybe there can be a way round that. a number of forums i have used in the past have to meet the cost of providing their server and they do that by having a paypal contribution button and with regular updates as to how much is needed to meet their costs. and every month they get by.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Satchwood

No,,,,, please reconsider Pedro..... this is shockingly bad news.............  ???  :-[  :'(  >:(

I understand that you don't have the time to keep this site going, that I can really understand.   And we all thank you for your time and effort in building a fantastic community!!!  

BUT, what I don't understand is why you don't have any "intention of releasing the website to anyone for continuation"....?  

That I don't understand and think should be re-thought out carefully and reconsidered.  You can't just build a fantastic community and then just burn it down....can you?

I'm sorry.....I guess this is upsetting news and had to say it...
Sincerely,
Tommy Satchwood..

PS.  You really should have given TonyW more advanced notice - I'm not sure if his site was geared for this volume of posting...?
www.reverbnation.com/Satchwood
www.myspace.com/Satchwood
www.soundclick.com/Satchwood

"Sometimes It's Not How Fast You Move, But How Soon You Get There" - Bruce Lee

Tools: Kramer Strat, LP Deluxe, Avalon 12-string, Ibanez Bass, Yamaha Keyboard, Micro BR, Riffworks, Line 6 UX2, & a little Ableton & Audacity for grins :~)

cuthbert

Pedro, I will truly miss this site - it changed my life. So my deep sadness is mixed with an even deeper gratitude.

If contributions will help keep this going, I will gratefully chip in. I hope you will reconsider. 
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase

Redler

A real sad news... I have learned so many things here, met many new friends and spent very nice time. Anyway, thanks to everybody here; members and forum stuff. Everybody has made valuable job, here!

- Kari
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

pjd1

I am gobsmacked!!! it has given me something to work for and i am really upset that its closing down ,, i have actually finished pieces of music that i have had in bits and bobs all over the place and the feedback from other members has been a thrill for me and my family ,, i have heard some incredible musos and even better songs !! it was an outlet to my creativity ,, were do we all go from here !!

But thank you Pedro whoever you are for the chance to listen to , post , and talk to other musicians around the world !!

Paul
recorder
Boss BR-800

Cheers
Happiness is a warm ES 335, Boss BR800, Tascam dp 24 , Boss Micro , Fender Strat 70s original, Line 6 classical modeling guitar, yamaha ps 125 keyboard. Hohner Bass guitar.

recorder
Tascam DP-24

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-8

Gnasty

Wow, this is a bummer! I know this must be alot of time on your hands but to kill it within a week??? I was ready to launch a couple of my tunes and there is a bunch of people on here that i really enjoyed hearing their tunes and reading their comments. I hope we can all keep in touch. This site was addicting to me and helped me learn about my Mbr.
I boasted to all my friends how it blows away any social network that is out there. This sucks.  :'(
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Cubase
recorder
Audacity

Bluesberry

Quote from: Gnasty on February 23, 2010, 08:47:14 AMI boasted to all my friends how it blows away any social network that is out there. This sucks.  :'(
I guess that is the biggest bummer of all, this site became a very cool social networking site, totally dedicated to music.  It had something special, everybody felt that.  We all have been at other similiar sites, but this one was the best for the interaction, look, feel, collaboration.  I have yet to find another site that had such great interaction amongst its members.  We really did become a group of friends hanging out on this great site, makin music, listening to music, and talking about music.  It is a shame to let this die, but alas, "all things must pass"...

We are all going to need addiction recovery services to get over this shock...

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand