Songcrafters.org needs a new owner

Started by Pedro, February 23, 2010, 07:30:34 AM

Pedro

EDITED:

After reading all of the posts here, some really unfair that made me feel sad, I realized that it is an envious decision to kill this website. I really didn't understand the level of connection to this community. Therefore, I will do the following:

I will pass the community, all the website content forum, portal, MP3's, everything, around 15GB of data, to a group organized by you. I believe there should be some organization in this group. This group should have a leader.  I will give the leader, FTP access to the folder that contains all the data. He will then have to download all the forum's content to his PC. Something that should take around 12 hours or more.

The domain songcrafters.org is registered with Name.com, the group will have to create an account there (free) and I will transfer the domain to that account.

After the data is downloaded and the domain is transfered, the group will have the full responsibility to do the rest, such has buy, manage, upload the data and configure the hosting account and domain configuration. My only conditions are:

• The future group of owners should honour the original community and don't turn it into for profit organization.
  • The leader of the group is 64Guitars.

You are free to make changes in the original design and script if you which, as long as it respects the first condition.

Final thoughts, everything is alright with me, maybe I was a bit too quick when thinking this over.

I don't want to put pressure on 64Guitars with my condition of him being the leader, the reason for choosing him is based on trust, respect and ease of the whole transfering problem (he already has access to the server). Obviously, the group will have to share the financial and maintenance burden.

Let me know what you think.

Bluesberry

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oldrottenhead

thanks for all the great time and fun ive had here pedro, i cant begin to describe how sad this makes me feel. i hope you reconsider.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Oldrottenhead

hi pedro i am so sad at your decision, i just want to thank you for giving us this forum and the opportunity to do so much over the time we have spent here.

coming here takes up a lot of my time, probably too much time to be healthy. dont know how im gonna fill that gap when it comes.

thank you so much.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Tony W

I wasn't exactly prepared for this kind of volume Pedro, A heads up would have been nice!

I too am extremely sad to see this place go, especially after all the hard work you put in here lately. I'm very sorry to hear that you'll no longer be hosting such a fantastic community.

Pedro, would you consider hosting the site for one more month so I can prepare for the influx of users?

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss BR-80

recorder
Boss Micro BR

launched

It's a sad thing, Pedro. I had lots of fun while I was here. Probably wouldn't have focused my attention to music if it were not for this site, so thanks for that.

Mark

P.S. - I wish you would reconsider your decision to close the site, however...  :'(
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

Bluesberry

I now consider myself a musician and singer/songwriter (as opposed to a guitar noodler) because of this site, thanks for giving me that, I will have that for the rest of my life now.  Thank you Pedro.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Flash Harry

We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.

Geir

I've learned so much, and got so many new friends the year I've been here and am absolutely crushed by this !!!

I hope you reconsider ... or at least give someone else the oppertunity to continue what you've built here !!!

I want to thank you for what you've done here and wish you all the best !!!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Wiley

I think it is very inconsiderate and rude that you have not contacted Tony before posting a link to his site.  It has been kept under wraps for some time to avoid a lot of rift raft that you have invited upon this place!!  I am truly sorry to see this place close as it was my beginning to a whole new world of music and friends.  And upon that I have nothing more to say.!!
PJ