'It Might Get Loud' Movie

Started by Greeny, February 23, 2010, 01:21:37 AM

Greeny

I saw the film 'It Might Get Loud' at the weekend, and can highly recommend it. It's a beautifully made and moving insight on the musical worlds of Jack White, The Edge and Jimmy page, and how their love of the guitar binds them (as it binds most of us on here, I guess...  :)). The best bit is when Jimmy starts playing the 'Whole Lotta Love' riff, and The Edge and Jack have these little uncontrollable smiles on their faces.

It's only just been at the cinema, so not sure when the DVD is out (or if it is already).

It's all about passion.

Oldrottenhead

i saw it too one you can watch over and over
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Rickocaster

I saw it and highly recommend it. It was facinating to see those guys go back to their old stomping grounds and tell their stories. I hope to be half as cool as Jimmy when I get to be his age.
http://www.youtube.com/rickocaster
Come on, you know you want to go there...

Geir

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Gritter

Jack White should give up his seat to the elder statesman...and he's the youngest!

Oldrottenhead

whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Saijinn Maas

I just saw this myself a couple of weeks ago. It was great! Much better than I thought it was going to be. I had never been a huge fan of Page, always thought he was a bit of a sloppy player, but I cam away from this with a lot a respect for what he's done.

I also liked Jack White's attitude about everything. Although, for the life of me, when i heard about this movie, I did not know why he was included in this.

Highly recommended movie.

Vanncad

Now that's how you "wear" a Les Paul!!

Slung lowwwwwww!

Sweet!

Gotta see this movie!
It ain't pretty being easy.

Okay to Cover

rvincent55

This film was far better than I expected it to be...so much so, I had to buy the DVD the day it came out so that I can enjoy it again!
The future isn't what it used to be...