"Fortune" - original composition (key, guitar, spoken word)

Started by Satchwood, February 20, 2010, 01:05:19 PM

pjd1

Yeah Satchmo !!!!  i love this kind of stuff !!!! the piano but it sounds ferkin cool !!! and of course you,re guitar playing speaks for itself AWSOME , i like the spoken word stuff you put in goes well with the song !!! 

Cooooollll

Paul
recorder
Boss BR-800

Cheers
Happiness is a warm ES 335, Boss BR800, Tascam dp 24 , Boss Micro , Fender Strat 70s original, Line 6 classical modeling guitar, yamaha ps 125 keyboard. Hohner Bass guitar.

recorder
Tascam DP-24

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-8

Rata-tat-tat

Forgot to comment on this one... Yes... keys spoken word lyrics. Reminds me of some of the early Floyd stuff. Really... your a great talent Satch. Thanks for all of you postings.

V/R

Tod
recorder
Tascam DP-02

Vanncad

It ain't pretty being easy.

Okay to Cover

SwanSong

Great song satchwood.loved the begging very original start THE whole song. had a mellow
feel. like a rock new age music sound to it . either way a great song. liked it a bunch!!!!!!!!

Ferryman

Superb guitar and keys combination Tommy. Starts a bit Floyd-ish with the synth sounds but then goes in a totally unique direction. I think the spoken vox are a great idea but they are a little lost in the mix for me. Partly that's my hearing but you could probably open up the mix a bit for them by pulling the lead instruments back when you are speaking. But the concept works really well and it's a great piece.

I must say again how much I enjoyed the guitar on this - some nice restraint but also some darker, more shreddy patches that really give it a sense of depth.

Cheers,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Geir

lisened to this a few times ,, and the cookie monster ate my comment, but now I'm back and having a wonderful time listening to this great piece !!

Drums, bass keys all wonderful foundation for brill guitar !!!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

lexman

T.C. Elliott

I also liked the spoken word... good tone. When that guitar came in I really enjoyed it. I love the swells... makes it very lush. Good playing on it as well.
recorder
Boss BR-900

recorder
Reaper

Dead Ambassadors Bandcamp Page

T.C. Elliott Bandcamp Page

"You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club." — Jack London