iPad GarageBand

SteveB

recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR

https://soundcloud.com/stevebon

OsCKilO

Sorry if i offended anyone with the boobs.

I wont post any more. . . . .

Someone should have told me it was such a problem. . . . .

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR
OsCKilO websites:  weebly.com  MySpace  SoundClick  ReverbNation
OsCKilO Albums:  "Masks"  "Easy London"

Also on Twitter for Live stuff..
Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to creative energy

Tony W

This has been IMHO a very thought provoking thread. There have been a number of well thought out posts, and I have really been moved by some of the well thought out posts here. I was also surprised by the number of posts that had nothing to do with the original topic, which made me realize one of two things. I'm either a terrible with articulation, or some just don't read for content.

Either way this has been quite a journey to participate in, and overall I think we did a fine job with communication on a very touchy subject.

Osckilo, it was quite clear that you were trying to redirect controversy by substituting humor. You're a peace keeper, and I love that about you my friend.

I respect each of you, I value your opinions. Thank you for taking part in a controversial topic. As a whole, I think we did quite well keeping emotion in check while expressing ourselves.

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss BR-80

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Ferryman

Quote from: OsCKilO on February 18, 2010, 06:52:22 AMSorry if i offended anyone with the boobs.

I wont post any more. . . . .

Someone should have told me it was such a problem. . . . .

Tharek,

I don't think it's been a major problem but it's something that has been growing, and this thread was the opportunity to say perhaps we need less of them. I know I sound a bit prudish and any simple search of the internet reveals all kinds of unsavoury stuff but this has always been a very nice place with none of the rudeness that so many other forums have. I know you did not mean any offense and I really haven't taken any but in my view perhaps just restraining the use of more adult pictures to specific humour threads in future would be more appropriate. I do feel embarrassed to be "caught" looking at those pictures when my wife or son walk in and I am supposed to be on a music site.

This has been an interesting thread Tony and I think we have been able to have a good discussion. Tharek, please don't feel bad on my behalf, I haven't been offended but I do feel we all know each other well enough to be able to say something like this and not take offense.

The forum is changing and it's definitely not like it used to be. I considered leaving and did check out some other places (like Taxi for example) but still feel despite its faults there is so much going for this site and the people on it that I want to be part of it.

Cheers,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Satchwood

I agree with a lot of these discussions - interesting reading.  Agreed: proselytizing of any type should not be allowed.  I'm not so sure that I saw any really...  but yes, please post on the proper board; one or two opps's not a problem, but a continuous stream...hm

Maye we need a thread about Forum Continuity in general...

Let's keep having fun, but in the proper threads i guess...  I think having a boob-thread would be fine, but that's were the boobs should be posted :)   I too like to peruse this site at work during lunch times and breaks; and i would like to continue to be able to do so...

Also, about participating - I agree, I think if you post songs, then you should take the time to review other peoples songs as well (just like the board headers read).   I think we all agree here.

On a side note: One thing I felt was awkward reading was the thread: Bands You Dont Like.....bad timing i believe, when we're in the middle of an Unplugged Festival  :-\

I still feel a bit awkward about posting a cover song now, where the band that I chose, was despised greatly in that thread - which i read after the fact...talk about bad timing lol.  I wasn't offended or anything, but hey, my ultimate goals is to record music that people like, not hate...

But all in all, I love this site and will continue to post and listen and review.  We're all different and come from different backgrounds - that is one of the things I really enjoy about this site actually!  Such great variety and styles and genre's, talents, skills, etc. 

Lets concentrate on making & listening to MUSIC!   Live and Learn and Press Record!
www.reverbnation.com/Satchwood
www.myspace.com/Satchwood
www.soundclick.com/Satchwood

"Sometimes It's Not How Fast You Move, But How Soon You Get There" - Bruce Lee

Tools: Kramer Strat, LP Deluxe, Avalon 12-string, Ibanez Bass, Yamaha Keyboard, Micro BR, Riffworks, Line 6 UX2, & a little Ableton & Audacity for grins :~)

Flash Harry

Satch

Did you spot the 'Bands I don't like?' Most are my all time faves.

You really can't take anything on here too seriously except for the music.
Music speaks, the rest is just waffle.
We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.

Satchwood

Quote from: Flash Harry on February 18, 2010, 08:47:40 AMYou really can't take anything on here too seriously except for the music.
Music speaks, the rest is just waffle.

Well said Mike - thanks!
www.reverbnation.com/Satchwood
www.myspace.com/Satchwood
www.soundclick.com/Satchwood

"Sometimes It's Not How Fast You Move, But How Soon You Get There" - Bruce Lee

Tools: Kramer Strat, LP Deluxe, Avalon 12-string, Ibanez Bass, Yamaha Keyboard, Micro BR, Riffworks, Line 6 UX2, & a little Ableton & Audacity for grins :~)

Saijinn Maas

Satch -
Don't think you should worry about whether someone just so happened to list a band in that thread. Isn't that kind of the point of Unplugged too? I absolutely hated that Final Countdown song, but i thought was the perfect reason to cover it. Personally, I love to hear covers of songs I previously didn't like, especially if that cover is done by someone I like more than the original band. So I hope you do post the song you were referring too ;)

Tony W

Satch, I want to commend an open and honest post.

I tend to agree with Mike and Sai on the view of the bands.

I was a bit crushed when I read the not so charming comments about Coldplay. I've been to 2 concerts in my life, the first being cold play a few years ago. It was a fantastic show and a real decent "feel good" moment for me.

After further consideration, I realized that I don't give a crap if Tim likes them or not, I like them, and that matters a lot more to me (nothing personal Tim, I'm a fan of yours).

The irony and timing of you posting a cover and the hated bands thread.... well that sucked but really.... You slayed that song, and it was a new level of awesome. I can appreciate that above all else.

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss BR-80

recorder
Boss Micro BR