Religion and Forum Continuity Do Not Mix

Started by Tony W, February 17, 2010, 08:05:40 AM

Saijinn Maas

I do have something to say regarding making certain policies that effect people of any faith posting music. I am a fairly negative Atheist, some who know me would even call me an anti-theist. And while I can appreciate the concern over people trying to evangelize, I don't think you can tell someone what they CAN or CANNOT post unless it is something that is GENERALLY consider vulgar or inappropriate.

This site is pretty much self regulating as far as what people what to listen to. Subjects that people are just not interested as a whole, find themselves off the main page and into "old post hell" fairly quickly here. But if someone is religious and it is through that faith that they explore music, then I would understand that most, if not all, their music is going to be religious based. They have a right to that. With all my problems against religion, I can still listen to a piece of music for what it is and the sheer talent it took to make it.

Making a policy barring someone from posting music in which they love and just wish to share with others is going a little too far I think.

Now making posts that are actually evangelizing is one thing, but then again, those of us who are not interested would avoid them anyway. And even eventually avoid anything posted by that particular person if necessary. And that again falls under self regulating. The only policy should be to bar anyone from personal attacks, THAT should be a normal part of any forum.

Can't we all just get along??? I've been guilty of jumping to conclusions regarding someone's intent in post before, I've talked to that person since then and come to see my error.

My wife's gonna get a kick out of this when she finds out I defended the right to post religious music. LOL   ;D

launched

"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

OsCKilO

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR
OsCKilO websites:  weebly.com  MySpace  SoundClick  ReverbNation
OsCKilO Albums:  "Masks"  "Easy London"

Also on Twitter for Live stuff..
Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to creative energy

Wiley

I have been watching this thread most of the day.  It is very interesting,  How the topic shifts.  I don't think anyone here 1/2 the time takes anything serious!!  As being practically the only active female here, I get quite tired of looking at boobs all day long.  I ignore it as much as possible. You can't even leave it out of this serious thread.  You want to ban religion don't bother me, maybe you should ban boobs also.  I have been here over a year!  It didn't use to be that way. Everyone was fun.  As the place gets bigger it is going to disintigrate more!!  I am a firm believer if  you don't like it don't listen. AND I am finding myself listening less and less!  Some of it is the same old stuff over and over!!  Ok now I have opened up myself to get attacked. Go for it guys!!  I don't care anymore!!  Religion!  Politics!  Boobs!! Who cares!! This site is supposed to me about music and fun and it is losing its appeal for me.  The bickering is getting very old!
PJ aka Wiley

launched

Why do blondes have square boobs?
Because they forgot to take the tissues out of the box.
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

launched

Uh oh. I didn't see your post PJ. Game over.... Sorry....
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

OsCKilO

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to creative energy

launched

recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

OsCKilO

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Wiley

See what I mean you guys can't keep a post serious everything is just one big joke!!